United States' first food forest to be built in Seattle

Started by merithyn, April 04, 2013, 09:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on April 06, 2013, 01:18:46 AM
Wow, you guys are slow on the uptake. Our communist regime implemented stuff like that in 1960s.  :lol:

Yeah, there are plots like this here as well. They regularly get cleaned out just before the harvest.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on April 06, 2013, 01:18:46 AM
Wow, you guys are slow on the uptake. Our communist regime implemented stuff like that in 1960s.  :lol:

Tofu?

Legbiter

Quote from: dps on April 06, 2013, 07:27:05 AM

Tofu?

Communism was pretty evil but even it didn't subject it's victims to tofu.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on April 06, 2013, 08:40:59 AM

Tofu?

Tofu can be pretty rad. It just isn't a good ingredient for the best burritos.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Yeah, I'll concede that.  But, personally, a component of "best" is "meets my strict dietary guidelines."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I think you left out arbitrary or poorly-conceived. :P

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on April 06, 2013, 09:09:12 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on April 06, 2013, 08:40:59 AM

Tofu?

Tofu can be pretty rad. It just isn't a good ingredient for the best burritos.

Never had that shit. Dont know a good reason why I'd eat it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on April 06, 2013, 08:15:26 PM
I think you left out arbitrary or poorly-conceived. :P

Nonsense.  I have the least arbitrary and well-conceived dietary rules of anyone I know; all the moreso, as they are subject to revision based on the state of the science. :smarty:

By contrast, most vegetarians aren't as thoughtful.  Vegans: definitely not.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on April 06, 2013, 08:37:17 PM

You've never had miso soup with the little white cubes floating in it?

garbon

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2013, 09:43:53 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 06, 2013, 08:37:17 PM

You've never had miso soup with the little white cubes floating in it?

Ah, no. Sounds gross

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on April 06, 2013, 09:59:04 PM
Ah, no. Sounds gross

It's probably the most innocuous and least offensive food imaginable.