News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

National flags made from food

Started by viper37, April 03, 2013, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I'd say a pretty different texture as well.  That Spanish chorizo looks a lot like the Argie variety, and that texture is quite different from summer sausage.  You can see it in the photos-- summer sausage is a lot more finely ground. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 01:45:43 PM
I'd say a pretty different texture as well.  That Spanish chorizo looks a lot like the Argie variety, and that texture is quite different from summer sausage.  You can see it in the photos-- summer sausage is a lot more finely ground.

I just meant the cured, solid part. That's not something that I particularly care for, and it's obviously a LOT different from the Mexican version.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

The one time I ate Spanish sausage it reminded me of the stuff they put in Cajun food.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2013, 01:47:27 PM
The one time I ate Spanish sausage it reminded me of the stuff they put in Cajun food.

Well, Louisiana used to be Spanish, after all...

Admiral Yi

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Larch