And we're back!

Main Menu

National flags made from food

Started by viper37, April 03, 2013, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Caliga is channeling Betty White.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

I'm a little rusty in my Golden Girls knowledge, apparently.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 03, 2013, 03:58:11 PM
Had no idea. I thought it was Mexican.

Oy vey.

What? I grew up with chorizo and eggs for breakfast. My family is Mexican. Never occurred to me that the food wasn't Mexican. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 04, 2013, 09:14:55 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 03, 2013, 03:58:11 PM
Had no idea. I thought it was Mexican.

Oy vey.

What? I grew up with chorizo and eggs for breakfast. My family is Mexican. Never occurred to me that the food wasn't Mexican. :mad:

So did you think eggs were Mexican?  :huh:

:P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 04, 2013, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2013, 09:19:51 AM

So did you think eggs were Mexican?  :huh:

:P

:glare:

Well, I guess if they were huevos rancheros you'd have been right :hug:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Very few things in this world are more Spanish than chorizo. Don't you dare to try to steal it from us, go back to sunglasses.  :mad:

merithyn

Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2013, 04:35:03 AM
Very few things in this world are more Spanish than chorizo. Don't you dare to try to steal it from us, go back to sunglasses.  :mad:

So, the fact that the entire Spanish-speaking world has their own version of sausage that they call chorizo means nothing to you?

derspiess

I think he's saying you can't claim chorizo as exclusively Mexican.  I doubt he'd have a problem with you calling Mexican-style chorizo Mexican, however.

The Larch

Quote from: merithyn on April 05, 2013, 09:17:08 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2013, 04:35:03 AM

So, the fact that the entire Spanish-speaking world has their own version of sausage that they call chorizo means nothing to you?

That its awesomeness made copycats appear everywhere.  :contract:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2013, 12:45:01 PM
Mexican Chorizo>Iberian Chorizo

:yes:

Kat, have you ever made your own? I hadn't until a couple of years ago, and I have to say that the recipe my oldest sister had blows most store-bought chorizo out of the water. It came from her mother-in-law from some tiny little village in the mountains, has something like 15 spices in it, and takes for freaking ever to make, but it's delicious. :mmm:

Jacob

Quote from: merithyn on April 05, 2013, 12:53:05 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2013, 12:45:01 PM
Mexican Chorizo>Iberian Chorizo

:yes:

How can you agree with that when you've never even had Iberian Chorizo?