News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April Fool's

Started by Syt, April 01, 2013, 02:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

A game about medieval Europe being overrun by zombies could do well, but Paradox is not the company to make such a game.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

I got last-minute tickets to go to Reds opening day.  My April Fools is that it's currently snowing.  Shitty weather and ticket prices are what usually kept me away from Opening Day.  Tickets are free, so I guess I'll endure the shitty weather.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I'll be submitting 3 job applications I'll never hear from, so the joke's on me today.

Duque de Bragança

:nerd: April's Fools

WM is now Banana Games!

At Banana Games the word 'entertainment' has a totally original and unique meaning: ONLINE GAMES!

Forget about retro consoles, they're too old (and complicated to program to, so freaking time consuming! Yuck!), and enjoy a universe of magic and fun for ONLY $19.99/month!

For only $19.99/month you can buy the key to play all of our games on FACEBOOK! Share your highest scores with your friends, invite them to play Pier Solar Mini with you! Engage in the greatest three-minute battle for ProjectY – The Ancient World, and experience the revival of Candy Sand now with the exclusive ProjectN apps for Smartphones!

You will love it! @MGF

[spoiler]FYI, Watermelon Games released a Sega Megadrive/Genesis RPG a dozen years or so after the official end of the console[/spoiler]

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/fr/

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

April Fool's is so lame nowadays.  Typically it's about a bunch of organisations phoning it in with some lame transparent joke, because it's expected.

CountDeMoney

I think the only time I ever fell for a mainstream April Fool's joke was about 20 years ago, when the City Paper published an article that week in the music section about an upcoming collaborative album involving Ministry and Johnny Lee Hooker.  :lol: Totally suckered me in, and I was so totally disappointed that it was a gag and not going to happen.  Because I think it would've been cool as shit.   :(

sbr

I believed in Sidd Finch.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on April 01, 2013, 11:10:58 AM
I believed in Sidd Finch.

I did, too.  But I was only 11.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Eddie Teach

Gah, another year older.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102236

They say it's not an April Fool's joke, but still . . .  :hmm:

QuoteDark Horse Adapting George Lucas's Original Star Wars Pitch
Source: Dark Horse Comics
April 1, 2013

We'll give them this, this is something we never expected. Dark Horse has announced they'll be taking George Lucas's original idea for Star Wars and turning it into a comic book series. Read the full press release and see the first art sample below.

It's no April Fools' prank! Dark Horse is honored to announce a dream project: working with J.W. Rinzler, executive editor at LucasBooks, and artist Mike Mayhew (Avengers) to adapt the rough-draft original screenplay which spawned the biggest franchise in film history!

Three years before his 1977 film, George Lucas put down on paper his first story set in a galaxy far, far away—a tale of fantastic adventures, daring escapes, "lazer swords," romance, and monsters. A story of Jedi Annikin Starkiller and General Luke Skywalker, an alien named Han Solo, and evil Sith Knights. The screenplay was titled The Star Wars!

"I'm not sure where I first read about The Star Wars—it was years and years ago—but the idea of Luke Skywalker being an older Jedi General, and Han Solo being a six-foot-tall lizard, turned my Star Wars fan brain on its side," said longtime Star Wars editor Randy Stradley. "I always assumed this would be one of those stories that would be 'lost to history,' so getting to work on bringing it to life is kinda like a dream come true."

"While researching in the Lucasfilm Archives I've found many treasures—but one which truly astounded me was George's rough draft for The Star Wars. His first complete imaginings were hallucinating to read—mind blowing," said writer J.W. Rinzler. "While working with George on another book project, I once asked if we could adapt his rough draft. He was hesitant. Years later, with Dark Horse's invaluable help, we showed him a few drawn and colored pages of what it might look like. He gave us the okay."

Originally conceived in 1974, The Star Wars has been the subject of rumor and legend in the fan community throughout the history of the galaxy far, far away. Now, Lucas has seen fit to grant Dark Horse the right to adapt this fabled story into an eight-issue comic series launching in September!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2013, 10:46:54 AM
April Fool's is so lame nowadays.  Typically it's about a bunch of organisations phoning it in with some lame transparent joke, because it's expected.

I remember when Blizzard said they were going to introduce a Pandarian race into World of Warcraft as an April Fool's joke.  Then several years later, they decided to actually do it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2013, 12:58:53 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2013, 10:46:54 AM

I remember when Blizzard said they were going to introduce a Pandarian race into World of Warcraft as an April Fool's joke.  Then several years later, they decided to actually do it.

Seems like a good time to throw up a trial balloon to see if people actually like an idea.  If everyone thinks it's too stupid, then April Fools!