News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April Fool's

Started by Syt, April 01, 2013, 02:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

So, it's April 1st.

German news site tagesschau.de reports that David Hasselhoff, supported by the Scorpions, will do a diplomatic goodwill tour of North Korea.

George Takei reports on his Facebook page that he's been cast as Jedi Master Ceti Maru for Star Wars VII - Galactic Empire.

Anything else?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Truly the cruelest month is upon us.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

jimmy olsen

Why an April Fools joke? They'd make money hand over fist with that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

http://www.footballmanager.com/1888/

Which is not so outlandish, considering that baseball or american football management games often offer such a feature as a matter of course (aided, without a doubt, but decades of statistics keeping).

FIFA '98 (the World Cup edition, I think?) had a feature that let you replay historical WC matches which was honestly very awesome.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

It's snowing heavily outside. :mellow:

Tamas

Syt

Google Maps offers a treasure map design. Yarr! :pirate:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Phillip V

Liep

There's more than one story in today's papers that I hope are April's fools: The DSB saga, the lock out, more snow, Corydon being the most trustworthy politician, more snow, etc.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 01, 2013, 03:26:53 AM
Why an April Fools joke? They'd make money hand over fist with that.

Not to worry, your fellow luminaries have been coming out in support...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.