Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 13, 2015, 01:07:12 AM
Morters...AA guns...next they'll strap some top admiral to one of those new sub-launched missiles of theirs.

Hong Kong media reported that he used dogs once. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on May 13, 2015, 01:09:23 AM
Morters...AA guns...next they'll strap some top admiral to one of those new sub-launched missiles of theirs.

On his uncle.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Still.  I think the greatest threat to South Korea's well-being is declining sales of Samsung mobile phones. 

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2015, 01:11:11 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 13, 2015, 01:09:23 AM

On his uncle.

Dog eats man?  That's quite a Korean reversal.

jimmy olsen

I'm a good eight minute walk from the new Government Complex in Sejeong, where they moved a dozen ministirial headquarters down from Seoul, and I can hear a crowd protesting clear as day. They are screaming in megaphones in a very traditional Korean kind of way. :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2015, 01:33:10 AM
I'm a good eight minute walk from the new Government Complex in Sejeong, where they moved a dozen ministirial headquarters down from Seoul, and I can hear a crowd protesting clear as day. They are screaming in megaphones in that stereotypical angry asian protestor way. :lol:

Nah, I think Koreans are particularly loud and violent.  Japanese and HKers tend to be mild  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Koreans aren't just loud and violent.  They are very organised and actively look after each other.  Chinese protesters tend to be fragmented and wild.  Japanese are organised but mild, mostly. 

Valmy

QuoteIt is very normal for any country to go after hostile elements and punish them and execute them

LOL
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

China has yet to invite Kim to Beijing since he came to power.

Berkut

North Korea is a country that you would not think could possibly exist except they actually do exist.

If Tom Clancy wrote a novel that included a country like North Korea in it, everyone would say it is ridiculous and unrealistic to hypothesize that such a screwed up system could possibly sustain itself. And I would agree with them.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2015, 10:11:42 AM
If Tom Clancy wrote a novel that included a country like North Korea in it, everyone would say it is ridiculous and unrealistic to hypothesize that such a screwed up system could possibly sustain itself. And I would agree with them.

Wouldn't they just say that he clearly modeled it on NK? ^_^

Or would we be too focused on how he wrote a book from the grave?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

North Korea is a country that you would not think could possibly exist except they actually do exist.

Why?  Didn't similar systems exist throughout humanity's history? 

Martim Silva

Quote from: Monoriu on May 13, 2015, 10:28:05 AM

Why?  Didn't similar systems exist throughout humanity's history?

A nation ruled by a wealthy dynasty, that oppresses the poor?

Where hunger strikes the poorest when crops are bad and has immense expenditures on the military?

And where the current ruler, being young, is now executing those that could pose a threat to his rule, being tied to the faction that was led by his uncle?

Oh, I don't know... how about all monarchies on the planet until at least 1750?

In fact, for medieval or even early modern states, this state of affairs would be very much politics as usual.

Valmy

Well if you are going to be that hilariously broad you might as well toss non-Monarchies in there to. Losing an election in Florence could be hazardous to your health.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."