News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I wonder if Military Demarcationlime is better than Bud Light Lime. Can't be worse, can it?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on July 24, 2015, 08:10:25 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 24, 2015, 08:01:29 AM
Is that baby-in-the-well one a portrait of Siege?  :P

Of course not. It's a soldier with a baby, not one with a dead goat. :P

Plus, he's not wearing sunglasses.

Of course, maybe he's run into some Mexicans ...  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

It must be weird to live in a country where it's always 1953.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2015, 08:30:45 AM

Wait are those not Korean War era posters? Because our dudes are all wearing Korean War era uniforms.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on July 24, 2015, 08:11:07 AM
I wonder if Military Demarcationlime is better than Bud Light Lime. Can't be worse, can it?

If I ever make a lime-infused beer, I'm so using that name.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2015, 03:47:42 PM

Wait are those not Korean War era posters? Because our dudes are all wearing Korean War era uniforms.

Their propaganda still likes to show us as being from that area.  Which makes sense-- our military uniform and technology has greatly progressed since the 50s.  Theirs-- not so much.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

The Nip in the last one looks like he is wearing an IJA uniform.

Eddie Teach

Why do Koreans look like three year olds in Korean propaganda posters? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

No, I tink most of those are modern.  For instance they have often have AK47s which post date the Korean war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Yeah, the depiction of foreigners in the propaganda tends to be rooted firmly in the 50s. Nobody knows any different in North Korea and those are the established images that even people who've never actually seen foreign troops have grew up with. Rather than trying to keep up to date with uniforms (for what reason?) it's easier just to stick to the same characters.

QuoteWhy do Koreans look like three year olds in Korean propaganda posters? :unsure:
Koreans are an innocent and pure childlike people. This is why the great leader is so wonderful. He is a father to all Koreans who lets them continue to flourish in their purity despite the increasingly dark and impure world outside.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

The American in the first two posters appear to be modeled on that American that defected and married a kidnapped Japanese woman.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2015, 01:26:15 PM
The American in the first two posters appear to be modeled on that American that defected and married a kidnapped Japanese woman.
hmm, it is the same guy, true.
Playing into pop culture images of American bad guys? ( I know that guy made a career in N.Korea as a movie villain)
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on July 25, 2015, 01:28:02 PM
Playing into pop culture images of American bad guys? ( I know that guy made a career in N.Korea as a movie villain)

I wouldn't call propaganda films part of pop culture Squeeze.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2015, 01:30:35 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 25, 2015, 01:28:02 PM

I wouldn't call propaganda films part of pop culture Squeeze.
It is North Korea. Same thing. :p
██████
██████
██████