Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on May 29, 2014, 11:09:24 PM
I thought you didn't speak Korean. Are you sure that is what the shirt said? Maybe the joke is on you and people are just telling you that.
Dozens of students and few teacher's would have to be involved.

I can read Korean however, and that's simple enough.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

If Ed can have a child bride so can you Tim.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on May 30, 2014, 12:20:36 AM
Time to lay some pipe, Tim.

Better to wait until she graduates.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 29, 2014, 11:34:29 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 29, 2014, 11:09:24 PM
I thought you didn't speak Korean. Are you sure that is what the shirt said? Maybe the joke is on you and people are just telling you that.
Dozens of students and few teacher's would have to be involved.

I can read Korean however, and that's simple enough.

I dont blame you. I wouldnt want to speak that guttural chop-chop shit either.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Samsung is omnipresent here

http://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/2014/06/18/samsung-and-koreas-copy-culture/
QuoteEveryone talks about China as the principle threat to the U.S. economy, but South Korean giants like Samsung have systematically stolen our intellectual property, copied our products, illegally fixed prices, and played our courts against us to dominate lucrative markets for years.

This is no deep dark secret. Besides Apple's epic patent war with Samsung over its iPhone rip-off, the Seoul-based conglomerate has been embroiled in high-profile intellectual property theft and price fixing cases over wireless 3G and CDMA technology; CRT, LCD, and plasma displays; and DRAM memory chips, among others.

While others have used the same "countersuit, delay, appeal, and finally settle at the last minute" legal tactics in patent cases, Samsung has raised the practice to a fine art. As the court cases drag on, Samsung bombards customers with lower-priced versions of its competitor's products. And while it usually loses the legal battle, it inevitably wins the market war.   

It's no coincidence that Samsung now dominates global markets for mobile phones, smartphones, LCD displays, OLED displays, TVs, and memory chips. Its leading share of these high-growth markets has made Samsung Electronics the world's largest technology company and Samsung Group the seventh biggest company in the world, by revenue.

Granted, Samsung Electronics has 326,000 employees churning out plenty of patents of their own. But when faced with a competitor's technology or product breakthrough, the company has a long track record of methodically reverse engineering and copying without a second thought about the patents it might be violating.

Having worked closely with several high-tech companies that were victims of this insidious strategy, the sad truth is that, after many failed attempts to get Samsung to sign license deals, most choose not to fight. They either lack the necessary war chest for protracted litigation or come to realize that, even if they win in court, they'll lose in the end. 

Meanwhile, last year the Obama administration rolled out a sweeping set of executive actions and legislative recommendations in support of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act of 2011. While they were intended to protect innovators from frivolous patent litigation, an unintended consequence is that the actions hurt American companies that are being ripped off by foreign rivals.

The regulations actually make it harder for technology firms to use the International Trade Commission as leverage in negotiating license agreements with infringing offshore companies. And the President's actions also make it easier to challenge patent holders in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

While our own laws, regulations, and court system seem to provide equal protection for foreign and domestic companies, the Korean government does things a little bit differently.

When I first visited Korea on business more than twenty years ago, I couldn't believe my eyes. Most of the sedans on the road looked like knockoffs of Lexus, Infiniti and other luxury brands. And yet, just about every car was a Korean make – primarily Hyundai or Daewoo.

Besides the sort of obvious design copying, I came to learn that Korea was essentially a closed automotive market. The Korean government had implemented high tariffs and other restrictive practices that were so cost-prohibitive that nobody could afford import cars.

To this day, imports still comprise a tiny percent of the Korean automobile market and, until recently, Japanese cars were flat-out banned.

While Samsung makes up a whopping 17% of Korea's gross domestic product – so its impact on our economy and our technology companies is the biggest issue here – Korea clearly has a copy culture that has little regard for intellectual property and integrity.

Move over China and Russia. With friends like Korea, who needs enemies? A better question is: why does the United States government let its allies – that we actually protect – so blatantly harm our corporations and our economy?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Be afraid.

North Korea threatens war over Seth Rogan movie The Interview:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28014069
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Kim's enthusiasm for lube is unsettling.

Josquius

The look on the worker's face......
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2014, 05:17:12 AM
He's probably scared shitless.  Make the wrong move in front of one of the Kims and you're liable to be fed to the dogs.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

celedhring

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2014, 05:21:17 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2014, 05:17:12 AM
He's probably scared shitless.  Make the wrong move in front of one of the Kims and you're liable to be fed to the dogs.

He knows what the lube is made of.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Kim Jong Un with an expression on his face? Must be an impostor.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?