British Esquire editor stands by comments: Women are ‘ornamental’—just like cars

Started by garbon, March 25, 2013, 01:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2013, 02:19:10 PM
The reason I ask is because as far as I know there are heterosexuals that engage in anal sex as well.  Do they also have an increase risk factor for contracting HIV and would you want to ban their sexual activity too?

From what I've read, yes, heterosexual anal sex carries a greater chance of contracting STDs, including HIV, than oral or vaginal sex.

dps

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2013, 02:52:18 PM
Well a lot of bathhouses were already shutdown in the past. There are some now but I assume they have more standards on them than they ever had in the past (similar to how bars now get in trouble if it is discovered sex is taking place in a bar). I'm not that interested though, so I don't think I'm going to do research on it.

Isn't the thing about bars and the like getting into trouble if sex is taking place in them more about the possibility that they're being used as a front for prostitution than it is about public health concerns per se?

garbon

Quote from: dps on March 26, 2013, 04:00:40 PM
Isn't the thing about bars and the like getting into trouble if sex is taking place in them more about the possibility that they're being used as a front for prostitution than it is about public health concerns per se?

I don't think so. I think there's probably little likelihood of that increasing if sex in gay bars was allowed. In fact actually, sex still happens regularly at a lot of establishments as being men, the gays are just horny.

Also, I'm not sure I understand difference there between bars v. adult bookstores, bath-houses and sex clubs where I think for the most part sex is allowed legally. (Well maybe not that first one but then I don't think anyone is fooled...:hmm:)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.