question about women posing for pictures

Started by Caliga, May 22, 2009, 07:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

So a new guy started this week and put a picture of his wife on his desk.  I glanced at it and noticed her head was tilted to the right about 45 degrees or so.  So I got to thinking about this and realized this seems to be a very common way for women to pose for photographs now.  I opened my facebook account and, sure enough, at least half of the women I'm friended with who have a headshot as their profile pic have posed in the exact same way.

Has it always been this way?  Is this just an American thing?  I don't notice men ever posing this way.  Are they all trying to copy some actress who is famous for this pose or something?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

That's because one side of a woman's brain (the shoe shopping part) is substantially better developed and heavier. This is exacerbated by the hot air filling the other side of the brain.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Josquius

Its a hot angle. Men are recommended to look at a jaunty angle to appear less ugly too.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Syt

Showing neck as a sign of submission. "Bite me."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on May 22, 2009, 07:16:00 AM
Its a hot angle. Men are recommended to look at a jaunty angle to appear less ugly too.

define jaunty
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Anyway, do chicks do this in all countries?  I was really curious about that part of my question too.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Siege

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2009, 07:11:04 AM
So a new guy started this week and put a picture of his wife on his desk.  I glanced at it and noticed her head was tilted to the right about 45 degrees or so.  So I got to thinking about this and realized this seems to be a very common way for women to pose for photographs now.  I opened my facebook account and, sure enough, at least half of the women I'm friended with who have a headshot as their profile pic have posed in the exact same way.

Has it always been this way?  Is this just an American thing?  I don't notice men ever posing this way.  Are they all trying to copy some actress who is famous for this pose or something?

Sign of insecurity, me thinks.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

You know when women don't seem to do it?  When they're posing with a guy (typically their husband) in the shot, unless their head is tilted toward his.  Again, these are Facebook observations.  It must be some sort of "please fuck me" signal.

PDH

It goes back to basic mating biology.  The further the head is tilted, the more desperate the woman is to enter a fecund stage and begin the basic sexual rituals.  If you see a woman whose head is touching her shoulder, then she is in a rut, and if her head is upright then she is gravid - basic biology there, Cal, I'm surprised you didn't know.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

So if I see a woman walking around looking like she has a kink in her neck, should I just do her a service and bend her over right then and there?