Iran test fires missile capable of reaching US bases or Israel

Started by jimmy olsen, May 20, 2009, 05:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2009, 02:43:14 PM
So you are saying that if a nuke goes off anywhere, Israel is going to nuke Iran, even if they have no idea if the nuke actually came from Iran?

And this is the basis of your confidence in letting Iran have nukes?

Sounds like a great deal for some country that doesn't like Iran.

If you hate both Jews and Shiites it would be a twofer!

I can't think of anybody who fits that description though...except Neil...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2009, 02:48:07 PM
So you are saying that if a nuke goes off anywhere, Israel is going to nuke Iran, even if they have no idea if the nuke actually came from Iran?

If you hate both Jews and Shiites it would be a twofer!

I can't think of anybody who fits that description though...except Neil...
What makes you think that I hate Jews?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

I thought you hated everybody except ethnic Albertans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 22, 2009, 02:07:42 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2009, 11:58:05 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 22, 2009, 11:52:54 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 22, 2009, 09:47:35 AM

I agree that the prospect of them launching first use nuclear missile strikes against Israel or US interests seems remote, but a more serious concern is the possibility they would arrange for one of their regional proxies to get a hold of a small weapon and detonate it under conditions that give Iran some plausible deniability (or at least what some nutter there thinks is plausible deniability).

wouldn't matter, the whole world would know who it was and the bombed victim, in thise case Israel, would retaliate at the master as well as the executo of the plan. Iran would go up in nuclear fire regardless of how the nuke was delivered.

How would the whole world know?

Maybe it came from NK. Maybe Pakistan. Who knows with enough surety to be willing to incinerate millions in response?

NK doesn't care
Pakistan's leaders want to suck pakistan dry for their own gain
Iran's leaders have said they'd like to wipe israel off the map and have the proxies to do it.

Even if it wasn't Iran, a nukes Israel is not going to wait until the end of the investigation. MAD seems like something that needs to be done immediatly, rather than two weeks later. This in order to prevent the enemy from pulling more shit.

the premise was a nuke on israel, as you well know.

and if you think I want iran to have nukes you're sorely mistaken.

Berkut

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 22, 2009, 03:43:36 PM

So if a nuke goes off in Israel, Israel will nuke Iran, even if they don't know what the nuke came from Iran?

And your confidence that Iran having nukes is a-ok is based on that?

That is some rather interesting logic there.

If a nuke goes off in Israel, Israel will nuke Iran no matter where it came from.
Therefore, it is ok if Iran gets nukes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2009, 03:47:08 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 22, 2009, 03:43:36 PM

So if a nuke goes off in Israel, Israel will nuke Iran, even if they don't know what the nuke came from Iran?

And your confidence that Iran having nukes is a-ok is based on that?

That is some rather interesting logic there.

If a nuke goes off in Israel, Israel will nuke Iran no matter where it came from.
Therefore, it is ok if Iran gets nukes.

at that point Israel will not wait, nuclear deterrence doesn't work (i think) if you let your heads cool down. Retaliation needs to be swift and total.
And again, if you really think I'm okay with Iran having nukes you're sorely mistaken. extremely so.