What's Wrong With the Term 'Person of Color'

Started by garbon, March 22, 2013, 08:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: Malthus on March 22, 2013, 04:05:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2013, 03:56:13 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 22, 2013, 03:54:32 PM
The BLS data sets beg to differ.

I was mostly talking about scoring the snatch.

Interesting how that stuff works. I read somewhere that the lowest-rated groups to belong to in that respect were Black women and Asian men. Have no idea if it was true, though I suspect it might be - seems that for whatever reason lotsa White dudes have the yellow fever for Asian women, but that the same isn't true of White women for Asian men.

Most white women don't want to date dudes who are skinnier than they are. :P
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2013, 04:12:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2013, 11:30:21 AM
As an example, I see a lot of "no blacks" listed in profiles when on dating sites. Usually with a comment like - not racist, just a preference.

Wow that's weird.  Of course back when I was doing the online dating thing it was a rare black woman who would not have her list of racial preferences anything other than just black...or at least the ones I was considering.  I would be just like 'oh ok...thanks for letting me know' and move on.

Yeah, I haven't dated in about 4 years but I never saw anything like "no blacks" on the profiles of women whose interests matched mine.

Malthus

Quote from: fahdiz on March 22, 2013, 04:13:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2013, 04:12:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2013, 11:30:21 AM
As an example, I see a lot of "no blacks" listed in profiles when on dating sites. Usually with a comment like - not racist, just a preference.

Wow that's weird.  Of course back when I was doing the online dating thing it was a rare black woman who would not have her list of racial preferences anything other than just black...or at least the ones I was considering.  I would be just like 'oh ok...thanks for letting me know' and move on.

Yeah, I haven't dated in about 4 years but I never saw anything like "no blacks" on the profiles of women whose interests matched mine.

Garbon's choice of dating site is unlikely to have any women on it.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fhdz

Quote from: Malthus on March 22, 2013, 04:15:40 PM
Garbon's choice of dating site is unlikely to have any women on it.  :P

That's actually quite a salient point :D

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Well for the site I was on, Match, you listed the races you wanted to get with not the ones you did not.  So you never actually had to explain away why you had certain preferences or whatever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2013, 04:19:19 PM

Well for the site I was on, Match, you listed the races you wanted to get with not the ones you did not. 

Oh Amerikkka.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2013, 04:19:19 PM

Well for the site I was on, Match, you listed the races you wanted to get with not the ones you did not.  So you never actually had to explain away why you had certain preferences or whatever.

Really?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2013, 04:39:00 PM
That's pretty awful.

Eh I liked it.  If somebody only would consider being with a Latin guy, or whatever, it was to  know that in advance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2013, 04:44:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2013, 04:39:00 PM
That's pretty awful.

Eh I liked it.  If somebody only would consider being with a Latin guy, or whatever, it was to  know that in advance.

I mean sure it is good to weed out the racially challenged but then at the same time only helps to encourage said individuals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Malthus on March 22, 2013, 12:43:23 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 22, 2013, 11:00:28 AM
I thought tanning was a bit passe now, the mark of someone who doesn't care about their health and goes on crappy package holidays to the Med  :hmm: ?

Reminds me of the Dr. Suess story "the Sneeches".

The poors got stars on thars!  :lol:

That was a good story  :cool:

So much of human interaction is about that, pity really when rich countries have the basics more or less universally sorted.