News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Terminator 4 sucks

Started by Siege, May 21, 2009, 09:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

So, I just came back from Terminator Salvation, and it sucks.

The Ahnold scene was a complete turn off.
The effects were too CG. Not credible.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

The good thing was that many scenes were straight from the original trilogy.
The jeep, the fight in the terminator factory, Ahnold melted and frozen, many shots were even in the same angles they used for similar shots in the originals, making this movie feel as an integral part of the terminator world.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on May 21, 2009, 09:49:57 PM

The Ahnold scene was a complete turn off.

Well Ahnold isn't a 14 year old girl so I don't know what to say. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on May 21, 2009, 09:57:09 PM
Don't be so mean to Tim.
I'll still see it. I had planned to do it tonight, but changed me mind. I'll try for a matinee.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

ehrwut?

Another one?

How the hell did this slip under my radar?  :Embarrass:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on May 21, 2009, 10:30:58 PM
ehrwut?

Another one?

There were only 2 Terminator movies, just like there were only 2 Alien movies.  Anyone who says different lies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

ehrwut?

Another one?

I didn't know about it till I read a post on Wargamer that the tie in game for PC can't be installed because they fucked up the installer in the production process. I honestly thought this would be game only, though, till I checked their webpage.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I didn't know about it until I was watching Terminator III and the director of IV was emceeing it.

Director looks like he belongs on Queer Eye.  Not all giggly and floppy, just the look.

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on May 21, 2009, 11:26:58 PM
ehrwut?

Another one?

There were only 2 Terminator movies, just like there were only 2 Alien movies.  Anyone who says different lies.

:lol:

What about Aliens vs Predator?  :P

Syt

ehrwut?

Another one?

Alien 3 could have been good. The setting and atmosphere were ok, but the story totally sucked.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

ehrwut?

Another one?

Indeed, along with only one Highlander movie.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.