News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect

Started by Queequeg, May 21, 2009, 06:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Neil on June 13, 2009, 10:32:44 PM
They're pretty similar to people, except for their weak immune systems (that's the reason they wear the suits).

Exactly. The game explains that they wear the suit because the long time in the closed, controlled environment of their exile fleet has weakened their immune systems tremendously.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on June 13, 2009, 09:42:17 PM
I don't think it was ever explained how people could communicate in real time across the galaxy,

It is not completely in real time but they have a system to move information at FTL across the galaxy using element zero and the mass effect relays.  They explained it in the Mass Effect novel I believe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2009, 11:00:07 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on June 13, 2009, 09:42:17 PM
I don't think it was ever explained how people could communicate in real time across the galaxy,

It is not completely in real time but they have a system to move information at FTL across the galaxy using element zero and the mass effect relays.  They explained it in the Mass Effect novel I believe.

it's in the game too iirc. It's the reason why there's tiered access to interstellar communications. State-stuff goes first, all ther est goes after that depending on importance and availability of bandwith. Basic 'emails' go last.

Warspite

Bugger. I bought the game yesterday but can't play it because my internet connection was disconnected and we have to wait a week until we get a new one. So I can't play a game I bloody well bought with cash.

Fucking EA.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Valmy

Quote from: Warspite on June 15, 2009, 06:39:21 AM
Bugger. I bought the game yesterday but can't play it because my internet connection was disconnected and we have to wait a week until we get a new one. So I can't play a game I bloody well bought with cash.

Fucking EA.

Fortunately Mass Effect 2 will not have that sort of copy protection.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."