Started by Queequeg, May 21, 2009, 06:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2009, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 27, 2009, 11:02:55 AM
One really fun thing about Mass2

:unsure: Is there a demo out already?

Neil has connections with Bioware.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Oh yeah I keep forgetting that... Bioware is headquartered there, right?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2009, 12:17:01 PM
My problem was that it oversteered like a motherfucker.  Drive along, tap the left turn key, and almost instantly you have changed course 90 degrees!  Hated that, especially when it also insta-killed you.  It was almost as if the thing had been designed to infuriate the player.

Oh yeah, I remember the oversteering now... :bleeding: I got used to it though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2009, 10:53:03 AM
I played it on PC too, but I had remapped the movement keys to the arrow pad, as I always do with every game.  I did find it difficult to adjust to at first but a blast once I adjusted.
My problem was that it oversteered like a motherfucker.  Drive along, tap the left turn key, and almost instantly you have changed course 90 degrees!  Hated that, especially when it also insta-killed you.  It was almost as if the thing had been designed to infuriate the player.
I was more annoyed by some of the impassable terrain.  Sheer cliffs pissed me off.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea

Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2009, 08:04:29 AM
Maybe it is a PC thing, but "driving" the rover with left/right buttons was annoying as all fuck.  I hated it.

I played it on PC too, but I had remapped the movement keys to the arrow pad, as I always do with every game.  I did find it difficult to adjust to at first but a blast once I adjusted.

I was playing it on the 360 and it was uncontrollable.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Exactly.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2009, 12:41:54 PM
Oh yeah, I remember the oversteering now... :bleeding: I got used to it though.

Huh...I didn't even notice I guess I just got used to the 'logic' of how the Mako steered.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

pimpicus

Mako didn't piss me off nearly as much as those elevator load times, especially the one on the Normandy. I hope ME2 will let me load the game to the hard drive.

viper37

Quote from: Korea on May 27, 2009, 09:43:32 PM
See, that was your problem: using a child's gaming system to play an adult game.  Now, do like us old people, and use your PC for gaming so you'll stop complaining about 'uncontrollable' vehicles :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: pimpicus on May 28, 2009, 04:26:18 PM
Mako didn't piss me off nearly as much as those elevator load times, especially the one on the Normandy. I hope ME2 will let me load the game to the hard drive.
The elevator on the Normandy was terrible, and even on the Citadel where there was dialogue, they could run a little long.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on May 28, 2009, 04:38:47 PM
See, that was your problem: using a child's gaming system to play an adult game.  Now, do like us old people, and use your PC for gaming so you'll stop complaining about 'uncontrollable' vehicles :D
I had no problem controlling it on a 360.

Korea

Quote from: pimpicus on May 28, 2009, 04:26:18 PM

I thought the elevator scenes were kind of cute though.

Korea

:D
I honestly don't think I would have been able to control it any  better.  :(

grumbler

The problem was on the PC version!  :lol:

If it existed on a console version, I wouldn't know, as I put away children's toys some time ago.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on May 28, 2009, 09:43:34 PM
The problem was on the PC version!  :lol:

If it existed on a console version, I wouldn't know, as I put away children's toys some time ago.
Don't you play with toy soldiers?