And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect

Started by Queequeg, May 21, 2009, 06:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2009, 07:01:59 PM
:mad:

What made Jade Empire OSSUM instead of merely good was playing it through as evil (or closed fist or whatever gay moral relativist term they used instead) and getting the ultra-evil ending.

If you insist on using OSSUM please use ghey as well. Otherwise, the bear community is going to have to boot you. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2009, 10:17:51 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 21, 2009, 09:04:42 PM
Same.  Very well developed.  Ended up with a weird kind of semi-crush on her.  One of the geekiest things that has ever happened to me.   :blush:
But wait weren't you the guy with the thing for Imoen?
Pretended to fawn over the idea of Imoen getting saphic with a Dark Elf in the awful novelization of Baldur's Gate.  Got me a negative Hamilcar point. 

And I liked Jaheira and Bastila (in KOTOR, great voicework) more than Imoen.  Imoen was my little sister. That's perverse.   :mad:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: katmai on May 21, 2009, 10:14:31 PM
I've thought about buying Jade empire.
It's seriously pretty cool.  Great plot, great atmosphere, well developed characters.  Pretty unique experience too, I loved how far they took the Chinese setting, with huge Fox Deamons and whatnot. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Also, I will never, ever forgive BioWare if Seth Green comes back in Mass Effect 2.   :bleeding:

Syt

There's a second teaser for ME2:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/teaser/index.html

Looking forward to this one. ME1 was a very fun game. Too bad most of the side missions on other planets were boring and repetitive.

I liked the presentation a lot, esp. the dialogue and how you could set the tone you wanted.

Also waiting for Dragon Age Origins.

I wanted to like Jade Empire but found combat too twitchy for my tastes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on May 21, 2009, 10:29:21 PM
You're not actually supposed to use the sniper rifle in "actual combat".

My first run through I did the sniper rifle / pistol combo and while close combat was a bit challenging until I got the second to last pistol, 90% of the time it's just a matter of waiting for the rifle to cool off between shots since the enemy can't effectively return fire.
The one thing that annoyed me about the sniper rifle was that there wasn't an enemy that you could effectively one-shot until you got the explosive ammo.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2009, 11:59:24 PM
There's a second teaser for ME2:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/teaser/index.html

Looking forward to this one. ME1 was a very fun game. Too bad most of the side missions on other planets were boring and repetitive.

I liked the presentation a lot, esp. the dialogue and how you could set the tone you wanted.

Oh.  My.  God.  I want that game so very very very much.

QuoteAlso waiting for Dragon Age Origins.

I wanted to like Jade Empire but found combat too twitchy for my tastes.

Dragon Age is going to be incredible I am super pumped for it as well.  Is this a new golden age for Bioware?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I predict Dragon Age will either be OSSUM or totally GHEY (happy, garbo?  :) )

ME2 will almost certainly be solid.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2009, 08:26:42 AM
I predict Dragon Age will either be OSSUM or totally GHEY (happy, garbo?  :) )

I have total and complete confidence in Dragon Age.  Anybody who attempts to poke holes in my absolute faith will be burned for heresy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I have to say I hate one thing about ME on the PC, though - I have to manually set the Anti-Aliasing in the nVidia tools for the app, because the game doesn't have a setting for this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Winkelried

I hope this wont derail the thread (too much) but did anybody have problems with SecuROM?

Queequeg

Quote from: Winkelried on May 25, 2009, 04:42:19 PM
I hope this wont derail the thread (too much) but did anybody have problems with SecuROM?
I just used Steam. 

pimpicus

Quote from: Queequeg on May 21, 2009, 06:53:36 PM
I think the universe showed some promise

I completely agree. They had other mythologies to draw from with KOTOR and Jade Empire. Creating a whole new mythos and filling it in to the level they did was great, I got so lost reading those encyclopedia entries. I hope they explore the Salarian/Krogan conflict more, and the Quarians.

Nobody bought Jade Empire

I did. It's sitting next to my copy of Psychonaughts and Beyond Good and Evil.

Korea

I am definitely not a fan. I thought the graphics were beautiful. I really like the conversation method and the AI had some awesome personalities. The story was great and the universe was really immersive but I had some problems that made the game unfinishable for me.

Controlling the AI really pissed me off somethimes because they would be beyond retarded. I hated the combat but that's not really the games fault because I suck at FPS games. The planet/side quest were really boring and repetitive. And driving that stupid car/tank thing was ridiculous.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: pimpicus on May 26, 2009, 01:33:11 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 21, 2009, 06:53:36 PM
I think the universe showed some promise

I completely agree. They had other mythologies to draw from with KOTOR and Jade Empire. Creating a whole new mythos and filling it in to the level they did was great, I got so lost reading those encyclopedia entries. I hope they explore the Salarian/Krogan conflict more, and the Quarians.

Nobody bought Jade Empire

I did. It's sitting next to my copy of Psychonaughts and Beyond Good and Evil.

But you haven't played KOTOR have you?  It's amazing. Best Bioware game EVAH!
I want my mother fucking points!