Does the Devil in "The Bible" look like Obama?

Started by Martinus, March 19, 2013, 04:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Tamas

This isn't strictly related to the topic at hand, but the constant spinning over his person and blackness by both the right and the left in America are pushing me to conclude that the US wasn't really yet ready for a black President.

Razgovory

He kinda looks like the bad guy in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 19, 2013, 04:52:08 AM

He looks absolutely nothing like Emperor Gupta.

Valmy

They clearly know their audience.

Damn the History Channel sucks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2013, 07:39:07 AM

The vikings show is pretty cool so far, no aliens yet.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on March 19, 2013, 04:34:26 AM
This isn't strictly related to the topic at hand, but the constant spinning over his person and blackness by both the right and the left in America are pushing me to conclude that the US wasn't really yet ready for a black President.
You have to start with baby steps.  We wouldn't know that so many in our society are still virulently racist if we didn't launch that trial balloon.  Now that we did, we are addressing that problem in a polite civil discourse.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2013, 07:39:07 AM

I think we'll all better off with History Channel not doing history.  History will thank us.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on March 19, 2013, 04:34:26 AM

I'd say your post leads me to believe that you aren't really ready to comment on US culture or politics.  The same constant spinning occurred during the W. Bush administration and the Clinton years.  It also did so, insofar as the technology allowed, during the Lincoln Administration!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Gups

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2013, 07:37:50 AM

He has hair for a start

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on March 19, 2013, 07:53:46 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2013, 07:37:50 AM

He has hair for a start

and a tie

derspiess

:lol:  It does look like him.  Even the ears!  Awesome.  Was The Devil wearing mom jeans as well??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

garbon

So is this an example of white people being less able to discriminate among colored faces?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2013, 09:46:01 AM
So is this an example of white people being less able to discriminate among colored faces?

No.  :)