I'm surprised Timmay missed this: Kickstarter for a Death Star

Started by grumbler, March 20, 2013, 08:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on March 20, 2013, 10:56:44 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2013, 10:33:31 AM
The humor has been sucked out of this joke.

There was some at the start?

I thought it was funny.  For a one time deal, faux kickstarters is the sort of thing that quickly gets old.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2013, 11:04:54 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 20, 2013, 10:56:44 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2013, 10:33:31 AM
The humor has been sucked out of this joke.

There was some at the start?

I thought it was funny.  For a one time deal, faux kickstarters is the sort of thing that quickly gets old.

While I'm skeptical of KS, I do have some high hopes for it.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/28/the-kickstarter-successes-where-are-they-now/