News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

I can't get Henry V because he always dies, I generally need at least a 1.5-1 ratio to beat them due to my ass morale and their somehow always having their god king as general of every army.  I can't simply siege their territories with super stack, because they just swamp all of my provinces and assault them successfully every time.  I never succeed.  Also, I can never get their bigger stacks into a successful engagement, as they'll either flee after minimal losses or take forever to fight and by that time they've gathered another 20k to fight in the province.  Shit is ridiculous.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Just ignore their sieges, it doesn't really matter if they actually capture your provinces in France. Just run bleeding them dry and sink their fleet.

Just pursue their superstack if it retreats, you'll win the rematch and after another round or two it will be destroyed and they'll be doomed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

What version are you playing Judas Arnold?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

I meant vanilla HTTT or one of the mods :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Vanilla.

Also, God stack theory is pure fail.  I lose all kinds of troops to attrition when I try it.  Meanwhile, the computer hapily scampers about gaining troops in enemy territory. :yucky:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 02, 2010, 10:00:56 PM
Vanilla.

Also, God stack theory is pure fail.  I lose all kinds of troops to attrition when I try it.  Meanwhile, the computer hapily scampers about gaining troops in enemy territory. :yucky:
If you stay adjacent to the coast, your provinces or provinces you control you'll get reinforcments.

How big is your stack? 25k should be more than enough.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Their minutemen can stack to like... 32k.  It's silly.  I restarted.  Teaming with Burgundy to rape France this time.  Then I'm going to eat Scotland, then see what develops.  Fuckers.  I got Normandy already with the helpful reconquest mission.  Now my mission is to make like the Longshanks and fuck the Scots.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 03, 2010, 12:08:41 AM
Their minutemen can stack to like... 32k.  It's silly.  I restarted.  Teaming with Burgundy to rape France this time.  Then I'm going to eat Scotland, then see what develops.  Fuckers.  I got Normandy already with the helpful reconquest mission.  Now my mission is to make like the Longshanks and fuck the Scots.
Was Burgundy the Emperor?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

No.  They're basically New France now though.  Auvergne took the bottom half, they took the top and side.  I still have my starter pieces of France and Normandy, though I'm hinking about selling them all except Normandy.  I lost Cosmopolitaine as an accepted culture.  I am the British Empire now though, with a burgeoning colonial Empire in America.

Sahib

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 02, 2010, 07:55:05 PM
This is the worst game ever.  It's non-stop gangrape by Scotland, Burgundy and France as England.  I have no fucking badboy and have made them relinquish their claims on off of my territory by Normandy, yet they continue to DoW me every single chance they get.  They field 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 men to my 33,000 in roughly 1440 and their morale is triple mine at maximum even though I'm 3 levels higher techwise.  Also, why the hell does Henry the fucking awful IV live FOREVER while Henry the should be V always die before he can take the throne.  Every.  Single.  Time.  Fucking horseshit. :ultra:

1. Vassalize Scotland ASAP
2. Get rid of Guyenne and Calais.
3. ?
4. Profit
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Drakken

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 02, 2010, 09:59:05 PM
Erm...  4.0c?

Like I told you, 4.1.b beta patch in the Tech Forum. Solves a lot of problems.

Also, you have to mind the morale of you troups when you fight, otherwise you WILL lose all of them if caught your pants down, even by 1k troops. No more annoying ping-pong armies like before HTTT, but at first I did lose stacks of 20K men in Britany because I lost to smaller, better led troops, because I didn't retreat before their morale got struck down.

As England, ignore France and trounce Scotland first. Then hunt down the small French stacks and harrass them until they budge a white peace.

Viking

As England, I'd let myself be guided by the events early on. The conquer scotland, conquer ireland and retake normandie are all very valuable events as they give good numbers of CB shields. But the most valuable one is the Occupy Paris event which gives you shields on all of Gaul.

Just follow the events first, then when you are at war with France then you can get the occupy paris event.

One little hint. If you are planning on fighting france, go to war with burgundy and brittany first, make sure the burgundians and bretons take calais, gascony and saintogne, which means that France cannot take them. Then you can fight France without losing those provinces to France when getting war percentage.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sophie Scholl

Drakken, I tried installing it, but it wouldn't work for some reason.  Ok, just updated it manually to 4.1b.  Hod willing that helps with some issues.  Thanks for the advice people.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on February 03, 2010, 06:11:29 PM
As England, I'd let myself be guided by the events early on. The conquer scotland, conquer ireland and retake normandie are all very valuable events as they give good numbers of CB shields. But the most valuable one is the Occupy Paris event which gives you shields on all of Gaul.

:o I never got that one! I guess I took to long to conquer Ireland since I was so preoccupied with fighting France. :(

1 Karma Chameleon point