And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on January 12, 2010, 09:04:48 AM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10441837&postcount=19

From the post your empire bit on Paradox this guy went from being Ming to being Russia to being Prussia to being Germany hoping to make France before the game ends. Something to aspire to?
Woah, that's amazing!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

From the post your empire bit on Paradox this guy went from being Ming to being Russia to being Prussia to being Germany hoping to make France before the game ends. Something to aspire to?
I always wondered if you could form multiple nations during the game, but I never bothered to try.  Doesn't it involve moving your capital and adopting the culture every time you want to form a nation?  That's a lot of stab hits.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on January 12, 2010, 11:11:47 AM

I always wondered if you could form multiple nations during the game, but I never bothered to try.  Doesn't it involve moving your capital and adopting the culture every time you want to form a nation?  That's a lot of stab hits.

You keep the CB shields and gain new ones.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

While we are at it, what's the nation you should start as to form the Mughals?

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on January 13, 2010, 07:44:21 AM

Timurids.

The event is

country_decisions = {

mughal_nation = {
potential = {
NOT = { exists = MUG }
NOT = { tag = PER }
NOT = { tag = TUR }
OR = {
culture_group = altaic
culture_group = iranian
}
}
allow =
{
owns = 519 # Jaipur
owns = 521 # Panipat
owns = 522 # Delhi
owns = 523 # Lucknow
owns = 524 # Agra
is_core = 522 # Delhi
war = no
}
  effect = {
MUG = {
add_core = 448 # Gazni
add_core = 450 # Balkh
add_core = 451 # Kabulistan
add_core = 452 # Badakhshan
add_core = 504 # Sind
add_core = 505 # Bakkar
add_core = 506 # Multan
add_core = 507 # Lahore
add_core = 510 # Chandigarh
add_core = 511 # Sutlej
add_core = 512 # Thar
add_core = 513 # Jaisalmer
add_core = 514 # Jodphur
add_core = 519 # Jaipur
add_core = 520 # Bikaner
add_core = 521 # Panipat
add_core = 522 # Delhi
add_core = 524 # Agra
add_core = 550 # Mandla
add_core = 555 # Oudh
add_core = 556 # Allahabad
add_core = 575 # Balushistan
add_core = 576 # Indus
add_core = 577 # Quetta
add_core = 578 # Kohistan
add_core = 740 # Ladakh
}
random_owned = {
base_tax = 1
change_manpower = 1
}
centralization_decentralization = -2
prestige = 0.05
change_tag = MUG
MUG = {
government = despotic_monarchy
}
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
}
}

}

So, you are not the Ottomans or Persia, nobody else is the Mughals (obviously) and you are either altaic or iranian (basically central asian

iranian = {
union = PER
persian = {
primary = PER
}
east_persian = {
primary = KHO
}
baluchi = {
primary = BAL
}

dynasty_names = {
"Durrani" "Ghilzai"
}
}

altaic = {
union = KHA
azerbadjani = {
primary = QAR
}
turkmeni = {
primary = KHI
}
mongol = {
primary = KHA
}
uzbehk = {
primary = SHY
}
khazak = {
primary = KZH
}
kirgiz = {
primary = CHG
}
uralic = {
}
siberian = {
primary = SIB
}
yakut = {
}
tartar = {
primary = GOL
}
dynasty_names = {
"Qara Koyunlu" "Ak Koyunlu" "Chagatayid" "Edigüid" "Giray" "Borjigin" "Shaybanid"
}
}

so, there you go.. Timurids or one of the central asian tribes (or start as dehli and move capital to central asia and change culture).

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

dps

Quote from: Viking on January 13, 2010, 09:06:20 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on January 13, 2010, 07:44:21 AM

Timurids.

The event is

country_decisions = {

mughal_nation = {
potential = {
NOT = { exists = MUG }
NOT = { tag = PER }
NOT = { tag = TUR }
OR = {
culture_group = altaic
culture_group = iranian
}
}
allow =
{
owns = 519 # Jaipur
owns = 521 # Panipat
owns = 522 # Delhi
owns = 523 # Lucknow
owns = 524 # Agra
is_core = 522 # Delhi
war = no
}
  effect = {
MUG = {
add_core = 448 # Gazni
add_core = 450 # Balkh
add_core = 451 # Kabulistan
add_core = 452 # Badakhshan
add_core = 504 # Sind
add_core = 505 # Bakkar
add_core = 506 # Multan
add_core = 507 # Lahore
add_core = 510 # Chandigarh
add_core = 511 # Sutlej
add_core = 512 # Thar
add_core = 513 # Jaisalmer
add_core = 514 # Jodphur
add_core = 519 # Jaipur
add_core = 520 # Bikaner
add_core = 521 # Panipat
add_core = 522 # Delhi
add_core = 524 # Agra
add_core = 550 # Mandla
add_core = 555 # Oudh
add_core = 556 # Allahabad
add_core = 575 # Balushistan
add_core = 576 # Indus
add_core = 577 # Quetta
add_core = 578 # Kohistan
add_core = 740 # Ladakh
}
random_owned = {
base_tax = 1
change_manpower = 1
}
centralization_decentralization = -2
prestige = 0.05
change_tag = MUG
MUG = {
government = despotic_monarchy
}
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
}
}

}

So, you are not the Ottomans or Persia, nobody else is the Mughals (obviously) and you are either altaic or iranian (basically central asian

iranian = {
union = PER
persian = {
primary = PER
}
east_persian = {
primary = KHO
}
baluchi = {
primary = BAL
}

dynasty_names = {
"Durrani" "Ghilzai"
}
}

altaic = {
union = KHA
azerbadjani = {
primary = QAR
}
turkmeni = {
primary = KHI
}
mongol = {
primary = KHA
}
uzbehk = {
primary = SHY
}
khazak = {
primary = KZH
}
kirgiz = {
primary = CHG
}
uralic = {
}
siberian = {
primary = SIB
}
yakut = {
}
tartar = {
primary = GOL
}
dynasty_names = {
"Qara Koyunlu" "Ak Koyunlu" "Chagatayid" "Edigüid" "Giray" "Borjigin" "Shaybanid"
}
}

so, there you go.. Timurids or one of the central asian tribes (or start as dehli and move capital to central asia and change culture).

Hmm.  It used to be that the Indian nations could for it.  I did it once with Vijanager (sp?).  When did they change it?

Viking

Quote from: dps on January 13, 2010, 10:14:32 AM

Hmm.  It used to be that the Indian nations could for it.  I did it once with Vijanager (sp?).  When did they change it?

dunno.. India is a place I conquer, not a place I start out in.

Sophie Scholl

Ok, I finally bought EUIII Complete and the Heir to the Throne Expansion.  What patches or mods should I use right off the bat?  I plan on getting Magna Mundi eventually, once I get a feel for the game.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Drakken

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 01, 2010, 04:45:45 PM
Ok, I finally bought EUIII Complete and the Heir to the Throne Expansion.  What patches or mods should I use right off the bat?  I plan on getting Magna Mundi eventually, once I get a feel for the game.

4.1.b patch, found in the Tech Support forum.

MMP2 for HTTT should be coming this February. Ubik confirmed it.

For now, either SRI or Terra Nova are good and are compatible with HTTT.

Sophie Scholl

Thanks!  I downloaded the latest version of Pish's map mod.  I didn't realize just how ugly the map was till I owned the game.  Damn!  Are there still cheat codes?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Liep

does steam update the game automatically?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Vince

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 01, 2010, 04:45:45 PM

Creepy I bought the whole EU3 package off steam last night too...must've been some weird vibe in the CNY area to want to buy strategy games.   ;)

Sophie Scholl

Bad batch of UC floating about? :o

Sophie Scholl

This is the worst game ever.  It's non-stop gangrape by Scotland, Burgundy and France as England.  I have no fucking badboy and have made them relinquish their claims on off of my territory by Normandy, yet they continue to DoW me every single chance they get.  They field 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 men to my 33,000 in roughly 1440 and their morale is triple mine at maximum even though I'm 3 levels higher techwise.  Also, why the hell does Henry the fucking awful IV live FOREVER while Henry the should be V always die before he can take the throne.  Every.  Single.  Time.  Fucking horseshit. :ultra:

jimmy olsen

Heirs do seem to die to early, but I'm playing a game with England and it's not to hard.

I'll admit that at first I didn't have a handle on combat. My earlier game with Milan I only had one war with a numerically superior foe all game and I won because of the terrain. So at first I didn't know how to handle the large forces that France and Burgundy could put into the field and there was a lot of reloading while I figured it out. But it's actually quite easy. Just put everything in one stack and run around killing small armies and storming forts in valuable provinces while the enemy's main army attritions while seizing your provinces. Then move in for the kill and smash it. Also sink the enemy's fleet, that's worth a lot.

The first thing I did was attack Provence (in union with Naples) which isn't a vassal of France. I took Anjou and then attacked Brittany and took two of their provinces. Then I attacked Naples (which had inherited Provence) and took Maine. Then Henry V inherited and I just rolled. He fought three wars with France, three with Burgundy, two with Holland, two with the Irish, and one each with Savoy, Castile and Scotland. By 1440 when he passed away England ruled all of northern France, Scotland was vassalized, half of Ireland conquered and France and Burgundy were dismembered. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point