News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

What does the Paradox equal translate to in the real world?  Less than or equal, or greater than or equal?

Solmyr

Greater than or equal, I think. In other words, X = 2 means it can be 2 or higher.

DGuller

Then the serfdom line makes perfect sense.  The "serfdom_freesubjects = -2" means slider positions {-2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5}.  The negation of that is slider positions {-5, -4, -3}, or heavy serfdom.  Heavy serfdom should indeed lead to massive peasant rebellions, Russia was regularly beset with those.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on December 30, 2009, 02:06:25 PM
Then the serfdom line makes perfect sense.  The "serfdom_freesubjects = -2" means slider positions {-2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5}.  The negation of that is slider positions {-5, -4, -3}, or heavy serfdom.  Heavy serfdom should indeed lead to massive peasant rebellions, Russia was regularly beset with those.

True, but Russians would be revolting what ever system of government they had.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Actually, the positions {-5, -4, -3} are the heavily free subjects positions, so yeah, it makes sense that they be negated, i.e., that the event not fire if you are heavily toward free subjects.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on December 31, 2009, 03:38:51 AM

Actually, the positions {-5, -4, -3} are the heavily free subjects positions, so yeah, it makes sense that they be negated, i.e., that the event not fire if you are heavily toward free subjects.
I though negative means the left side of the slider, or alternatively the first word.  Both interpretations would mean heavy serfdom.

Martinus

In my game as Poland, within the first 50 years I managed to vassalize (and subsequently annex) Masovia, and vassalize Moldova, beat up the TO and inherit Lithuania. I'm in the middle of the Centralization sliders, -1 on Free Subjects (i.e. a bit of Serfdom but not that much), and going Innovative. Gonna Westernize as soon as I find a way to change the government type to something that allows more Centralization.

DGuller

You can move past the limit, at the cost of +1 revolt risk per tick.

Martinus

Oh didn't know that. Does the +1 risk persists or is it temporary?

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 31, 2009, 04:36:32 AM
In my game as Poland, within the first 50 years I managed to vassalize (and subsequently annex) Masovia, and vassalize Moldova, beat up the TO and inherit Lithuania. I'm in the middle of the Centralization sliders, -1 on Free Subjects (i.e. a bit of Serfdom but not that much), and going Innovative. Gonna Westernize as soon as I find a way to change the government type to something that allows more Centralization.

I suggest something with an elected office. No point in trying to westernize if all you end up with 100 years of Monarchs with maximum ADM 6. Hold and election, choose the Bureaucratic candidate.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on December 31, 2009, 05:39:41 AM
It's there as long as your slider is over the limit.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on December 31, 2009, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 31, 2009, 05:39:41 AM
It's there as long as your slider is over the limit.

I westernized while subject to a 150 year long peasants revolt. So the +1 don't mean nuttin'

The hardest part was getting that 8 ADM monarch.

Edit: Sorry, 7 ADM monarch.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

I managed to Westernize due to getting a good monarch when I got into a personal union with Hungary. :P

Empress Anna (I adopted an imperial administration earlier) introduced the Western technology to Poland. Now I am working to destroy relationship with Hungary, so that we regain our freedom once she dies. :P

Barrister

I've managed to finally survive as Byzantium.

You know the new CB and managed war system takes some getting used to.  Twice now I've started a "reconquest" war, but decided to take one non-CB province.  You really get hammered by infamy when you do that...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Solmyr

Speaking of imperial government, once you switch to that, should you still take up administrative monarchy when it comes around?