News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Viking on December 30, 2009, 03:54:55 AM
That settles it, I nearly fucking threw my fucking computer out the window. I played poland and had 150 continuous years of the Peasant Revolt. Yes, that is 150 years of +10% revolt risk IN EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE!!!! Fucking fucktards whoever came up with that event should have fucking given me the option to kill all my peasants and replace them with russians. I don't give a shit what you are complaining about but when I've killed over 7 million peasants (that is 10 revolts per year, 10k peasants per revolt, half get killed for 150 years). There has to be an END!!! Either poland was depopulated by means of peasant revolt or royal press gang. I have poland stretching from kiev to danzig with lithuania independent fucking fucktards dont' get inhereted with +200 relations and all possible treaties but then insist on voting in their own fucktard whenever I get a regency. Then I get a regency with a 1 year old fucking heir, the day after I do the Westernize choice. Lithuania leaves and I can't do fuck all for 16 years about it cause I can't find a viceroy with the stones to defend littly Freddy's throne. Freddy has monster stats (8/8/5) and I look forward to the day when he takes the throne, finishes off westernisation and unifies the Jagellion empire. But nooooo... fucking fucktard fucking peasants. I get attacked by fucking transylvania and massacre those fucks, but get a bit of war exhaustion and suddenly all of poland is a +20% revolt risk (instead of +12% which is normal for me) and the reformation sweeps through and converts pretty fucking much everything I can't fucking convert cause I have the westernisation malus for stab recovery, I have -2 stab because of the westernize event my 1 ADM regency council doesnt' help and I get the malus for all my provinces being reformed or protestant (or mooslimb) plus I can't convert until I'm at +1.

To sum it up no money, 20% revolt risk everywhere and only 12k men and 4k horses to police 20 polish provinces. I had a collapse, but kept the Peasants Revolt. Fucking fucktards. I had a collapse and Freddy was removed as heir. He was replaced by some 3/3/5 nitwit with a 4/3/3 son. So I went noble republic. Now I've gone through 3 collapses. Still no end to the fucking Peasants Revolt. Fucking fucktards.

finish it and you'll have played a very memorable game.
but I agree: the peasant revolt event is sucky and basically a bit stupid.

Martinus

:nelson:

Now you know why Poland needed to be decentralized. :P

Martinus

What's the trigger for the Peasant Revolt?

Solmyr

# Peasants' War
country_event = {

id = 3021

major = yes

trigger = {
num_of_cities = 5
NOT = { has_country_flag = peasant_war }
government = feudal_monarchy
NOT = { serfdom_freesubjects = -2 }
centralization_decentralization = 2
}

mean_time_to_happen = {

months = 430

modifier = {
factor = 0.95
NOT = { serfdom_freesubjects = -3 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.85
NOT = { serfdom_freesubjects = -4 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.95
centralization_decentralization = 3
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.85
centralization_decentralization = 4
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.85
NOT = { relation = { who = PAP value = 0 } }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.75
NOT = { relation = { who = PAP value = -100 } }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
relation = { who = PAP value = 0 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.25
relation = { who = PAP value = 100 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.2
idea = humanist_tolerance
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = { stability = 0 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = { stability = -1 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = { stability = -2 }
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.1
stability = 1
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.1
stability = 2
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.1
stability = 3
}
}

Martinus

Quotetrigger = {
      num_of_cities = 5

Thanks, Solmyr. I forgot how to read EU events - could you explain the bolded part - what settings of these sliders prevent the war from occurring?

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2009, 04:46:55 AM
Quotetrigger = {
      num_of_cities = 5

Thanks, Solmyr. I forgot how to read EU events - could you explain the bolded part - what settings of these sliders prevent the war from occurring?

lots of serfdom and little centralisation will do it I think... nobles get to oppress marty's ancestors, marty's ancestors revolt.. and in my case stay revolting for 150 years.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Actually, my ancestors would be the ones putting down the revolt. :P

A guy with my last name was a castellan recorded in heraldic records in 1300s. :P

Solmyr

Having a Peasant War for 150 years does sound odd, since mtth for that is 72 months. Although you do need to have a positive stability as well as no provinces under rebel control. Maybe that was your problem?

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2009, 05:28:28 AM

A guy with my last name was a castellan recorded in heraldic records in 1300s. :P

:rolleyes: A guy with my last name was one of the richest nobles of the country in its time, executed in 1849 for serving as high-ranked officer of the rebel army. Yet, there are tons of peasants with that name too :P

Solmyr

Some guys with my mother's last name were once Russian Czars. :showoff:

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2009, 05:28:28 AM

Pope Martinus V offered me an alliance :perv:

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on December 30, 2009, 06:09:14 AM
Having a Peasant War for 150 years does sound odd, since mtth for that is 72 months. Although you do need to have a positive stability as well as no provinces under rebel control. Maybe that was your problem?

I've been at +3 for about 10 years now with decent monarchs (at least 5 in everything) with no rebel control . I've got 17 provinces and two 16k strong armies (5/10/1) with great generals (fighting 24 large battles a year gives you lots and lots of tradition). This is starting to piss me off quite a bit.

I noticed that Bohemia has had it too. I checked the savegame, they've had it since 1424. I've had it since 1407 and it is 1548 now. France has it as well. But I didn't know that until the reformation. France turned into a swiss cheese with EVERYBODY declaring independence. I know how that feels, even polish culture, CB shielded provinces with the wrong religion are giving me 7.5% revolt risk at +3 stability. Krakow actually has only -2% revolt risk (yes minus two); and that is only because it is the national focus. The normal polish reformed provinces (yes the most catholic country in europe today allways turns protestant or reformed or both) have a 0% revolt risk, exactly; a -1 stab hit will put them at 1% revolt risk. Mazovia is Prussian and is my capital. It has 3.5% revolt risk at +3 stability. Any stab hits, any war exhaustion any incitement to revolt (fucking OPM burgundy and thuringia fucked me up).

This has got to be a bug.

Oh yeah, Ivan. It's not fun or interesting. I'm just keeping my stability at +3 and sending out my kill stacks to get the rebels before they conquer and give me more headaches.

ulmont

Should have dropped down to despotic monarchy early then.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on December 30, 2009, 08:21:58 AM
Should have dropped down to despotic monarchy early then.

It didn't end when I went to noble republic.. but I got the latest patch (4.1b) so I'll just start again.

dps

Quote from: Viking on December 30, 2009, 05:03:27 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2009, 04:46:55 AM
Quotetrigger = {
      num_of_cities = 5

lots of serfdom and little centralisation will do it I think... nobles get to oppress marty's ancestors, marty's ancestors revolt.. and in my case stay revolting for 150 years.

Isn't that backwards with regards to the serfdom?  Doesn't the NOT = {serfdom_freesubjects =-2} mean that the event won't fire if you're at least 2 steps toward free subjects?  Intuitively, that makes more sense to me--if you're enserfing your peasants, they're more likely to revolt.   

Or maybe you're right.  Crap, Paradox event codes post-EUI is confusing.