News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ooooh so now you get "targeted" wars with a specific casus belli? That's cool. Prevents "farming" a CB by always demanding something else than your core province I guess.

jimmy olsen

I've tried for the 2nd reform 4 times and keep getting no. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

I found the pdf manual for HTTT. Ok, I'm gonna piss my pants just after reading about new succession rules and the dynastic system.  :punk:

DGuller

I'm really getting a hang of using the patriots to turboannex provinces.  It's a great way to grab swathes of land that you don't have a good CB to take.  Just use any CB at all to declare war on the target, occupy all their provinces and destroy all their armies, then withdraw your armies and use spies to spawn 4-5 patriot stacks.  Then get peace without taking any provinces and let the patriots do their magic.  The victim country is not going to have enough time or manpower to rebuild its army before the patriots take over the whole country, and hand at least a large portion of it to you without any Infamy. 

My plan for Novgorod/Russia is to use Holy War to take on Muslims, and patriots to take on Europeans.  I suspect that the limiting factor would be the missionaries, which makes a beeline for Judea and Mecca a priority.

Caliga

Yes, this is how I got control over the whole of Anatolia as the Turks in HTTT. :yes:

I also used a similar tactic to create an independent Syria from Mameluk territory, which I artifically enlarged by "selling" it Judaea and Aleppo (which I'd earlier seized from the Mameluks) for free.

One minor quibble is that I think you should lose infamy (and gain prestige?) if you sell a province for 0 ducats.  The game should recognize a distinction between giving away provinces, and selling them.

Anyway, I found the creation of the Syrian Sheikhdom to be great fun, so overall I think I like this new use for patriot rebels.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

What factors into the HRE saying yes to reforms? I have more than enough authority when I ask.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2009, 08:09:52 AM
What factors into the HRE saying yes to reforms? I have more than enough authority when I ask.
You relations with all of the members.  Check the log to see who says "nay", and you'll find that those are the countries that don't particularly care for you.  Try to get some brownie points by intervening or the like, which improves relations with every member, or vassalizing a couple of dissidents if the opportunity presents itself. 

Infamy may also matter.  I know it matters a great deal for next to last decision, where you're asking members to get vassalized.  Having even a couple of infamy points when you pop the question could make everyone secede and DOW you instead of going along with the proposal.  It's possible that high infamy may get in the way for earlier decisions as well.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on December 29, 2009, 08:32:06 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2009, 08:09:52 AM
You relations with all of the members.  Check the log to see who says "nay", and you'll find that those are the countries that don't particularly care for you.  Try to get some brownie points by intervening or the like, which improves relations with every member, or vassalizing a couple of dissidents if the opportunity presents itself. 

Infamy may also matter.  I know it matters a great deal for next to last decision, where you're asking members to get vassalized.  Having even a couple of infamy points when you pop the question could make everyone secede and DOW you instead of going along with the proposal.  It's possible that high infamy may get in the way for earlier decisions as well.
How positive does it have to be? 1+, 50+, 100+?

1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Not sure.  Try it and see who votes which way, and that should give you some idea.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on December 29, 2009, 08:48:04 AM
Not sure.  Try it and see who votes which way, and that should give you some idea.
Only 4 of 29 states had negative relations, I think they have to be over a 100 cause my legitimacy is 100, and so is my prestige and authority.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2009, 07:10:16 AM
I've tried for the 2nd reform 4 times and keep getting no. <_<

The modifiers are (off the top of my head)

same religion
same religion theocracy
relation -100
relation +100
relation +150
badboy 0.5
badboy 1
different religion
different religion theocracy
at war
same dynasty

get as many of these factors on your side and you improve your chances of success (basically don't bother improving relations from -99 to +99 unless you are willing to go one further) these factors are weighted and put in a pro-con comparison with the percentage probability being proportional to the weighted pro-con  (e.g. 600 pro 400 con means 60% chance of yes)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Well, thankfully I finally got a few calls to defend a member of the Empire which really improved my relations and I just spent like crazy on the last few holdouts. So I managed to pass the 2nd and 3rd reform. The reformation makes things difficult, but seems impossible to slow down, you force a state to switch and they'll quickly change back.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Faeelin

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2009, 09:20:24 PM
Well, thankfully I finally got a few calls to defend a member of the Empire which really improved my relations and I just spent like crazy on the last few holdouts. So I managed to pass the 2nd and 3rd reform. The reformation makes things difficult, but seems impossible to slow down, you force a state to switch and they'll quickly change back.

Are these Magna Mundi events?

Habbaku

Quote from: Faeelin on December 29, 2009, 11:06:53 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2009, 09:20:24 PM

Are these Magna Mundi events?

Heir to the Throne.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

That settles it, I nearly fucking threw my fucking computer out the window. I played poland and had 150 continuous years of the Peasant Revolt. Yes, that is 150 years of +10% revolt risk IN EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE!!!! Fucking fucktards whoever came up with that event should have fucking given me the option to kill all my peasants and replace them with russians. I don't give a shit what you are complaining about but when I've killed over 7 million peasants (that is 10 revolts per year, 10k peasants per revolt, half get killed for 150 years). There has to be an END!!! Either poland was depopulated by means of peasant revolt or royal press gang. I have poland stretching from kiev to danzig with lithuania independent fucking fucktards dont' get inhereted with +200 relations and all possible treaties but then insist on voting in their own fucktard whenever I get a regency. Then I get a regency with a 1 year old fucking heir, the day after I do the Westernize choice. Lithuania leaves and I can't do fuck all for 16 years about it cause I can't find a viceroy with the stones to defend littly Freddy's throne. Freddy has monster stats (8/8/5) and I look forward to the day when he takes the throne, finishes off westernisation and unifies the Jagellion empire. But nooooo... fucking fucktard fucking peasants. I get attacked by fucking transylvania and massacre those fucks, but get a bit of war exhaustion and suddenly all of poland is a +20% revolt risk (instead of +12% which is normal for me) and the reformation sweeps through and converts pretty fucking much everything I can't fucking convert cause I have the westernisation malus for stab recovery, I have -2 stab because of the westernize event my 1 ADM regency council doesnt' help and I get the malus for all my provinces being reformed or protestant (or mooslimb) plus I can't convert until I'm at +1.

To sum it up no money, 20% revolt risk everywhere and only 12k men and 4k horses to police 20 polish provinces. I had a collapse, but kept the Peasants Revolt. Fucking fucktards. I had a collapse and Freddy was removed as heir. He was replaced by some 3/3/5 nitwit with a 4/3/3 son. So I went noble republic. Now I've gone through 3 collapses. Still no end to the fucking Peasants Revolt. Fucking fucktards.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.