News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I just became Emperor for the first time (the last Bohemian reigned for 53 years :bleeding: ), how do I invite other countries to join the HRE?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on December 28, 2009, 08:02:05 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 28, 2009, 06:47:34 AM
Should I join all wars when a HRE minor is being attacked by, say, France or Denmark? I'm kinda scared of them. :P
Yes, you should.  Wimping out doesn't earn you any brownie points, in fact it's a good way to lose them.  As an Emperor you get a huge manpower boost, use it.  The worst thing that can happen is that you can't really help out the country being attacked, and have to watch it being annexed, and then fight a couple of defensive skirmishers against isolated task forces.  You should also remember that the more fighting you do, the more military tradition you get, so if you save it up until it gets to 50% or so, you can get some kick-ass general and not be afraid of anyone.

You should also think aggressively on occasion.  If you see France fighting two wars and a huge war exhaustion, try if at all possible to make it three.  Any HRE countries you liberate is a win for you, and it chips away at the power of France.  They may even get dogpiled if they're excommunicated or been are a bad boy.  The less threatening France, Burgundy, or Denmark are, the easier your job is.

Marty is an Appletard so he plays In Nomine as of this moment.

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 28, 2009, 08:14:10 AM
I just became Emperor for the first time (the last Bohemian reigned for 53 years :bleeding: ), how do I invite other countries to join the HRE?
I think the only way is by liberating them.  I think if you liberate some country with the Imperial CB, they're going to be in HRE even if none of their provinces are in HRE.  Hopefully eventually they'll use province decisions to join their provinces into HRE.  Other than that, the only way one can join HRE is by province decisions, joining one by one until you join your capital (although I'm not sure about that).  The province can join only if it neighbors a province in HRE.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on December 28, 2009, 08:49:55 AM
I think the only way is by liberating them.  I think if you liberate some country with the Imperial CB, they're going to be in HRE even if none of their provinces are in HRE.  Hopefully eventually they'll use province decisions to join their provinces into HRE.  Other than that, the only way one can join HRE is by province decisions, joining one by one until you join your capital (although I'm not sure about that).  The province can join only if it neighbors a province in HRE.
Viking made it sound like he got a ton of majors to join though. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 28, 2009, 08:54:45 AM
I think he meant HRE decision 8, where most countries actually get annexed into a country called HRE.  I don't think you're there yet, or even close.

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 28, 2009, 08:54:45 AM

I started out as england, conquered scotland, ireland, france and burgundy. In this normal england progression I vassalized Cologne (to keep the fuckers from starting wars with me) and suddenly found myself emperor due to my high prestige and good relations with some of the electors. My one success in that department was Pisa. I liberated Pisa from the Pope in a Imperial Liberation war and then after that was amazed to see them go and conquer almost all of italy. They weren't annexing imperial minors so I didn't give a shit nor have the liberation CB. When I unified the empire Pisa joined, taking most of Italy with it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Ok, another question, bitches. I restarted as Austria, became the HRE alright have two armies about 13k size each, joined a war to defend Hamburg against Denmark and won, married a bunch of people etc. And then France invaded and annexed Luxembourg... and I am stuck in a war with no end (going for 8 years now). I am able to destroy any army they send my way, but whenever I send an army to France, I get repelled by their monster armies. I am now at 25% positive war score but France just flat out refuses any peace proposal (they are at 96% of war readiness thingie). Now, most of the time I am asking for them to release Luxembourg (which is 14% peace worth) but they even refused a white peace once or twice. What do I do? Just sit back and collect prestige and military discipline from all the battles I am winning in Austria? What should be my end game here? Forcing them to release Luxembourg or accept a white peace whenever I get a chance?

In other news, I now have a mission to capture Liguria (or whatever the province with Milan is called) and Modena, so I get cores on them. I planned to DoW them but they both offered me an alliance so I am planning to go at it via diploannexation route. Good idea or not?

DGuller

If you're playing IN, then it happens sometimes, and there isn't much you can do (in HttT, the nation at war is more likely to get dogpiled, so the problem solves itself).  I would stick to being on the defensive, and doing my best to up their war exhaustion, and driving down your own.  The more they continue to be stubborn and unreasonable, the more likely they are to face massive rebellions at home.  I've broken a couple of European just by continuing to defeat on my own turf them while they refused to consider white peace.

Viking

I just managed to create GB in 1409. Which included me spending a year annexing ireland and fighting a 5 year war with france to get the CB shields on all of Gaul (and then get out of the war without ceding all three of my provinces on the mainland). I broke two truces with scotland (one after getting the annex scotland goal) and the other 1 week after I sent my diplomat offering peace for all provinces except the capital in the first broken truce war.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

One little trick I've started doing after HTTT's Casus Belli rules. I dow every single member on an alliance individuallly, this means they cannot be in the same war together and I have CB bonus for all the other powers I fight. Try colonial conquest against three allied pagans, you can only conquer the one you DOW'ed. If you DOW one then the others come as allies and then you can annex your target and then have to wait for the truce to lapse before going after the other ones or bite the Infamy or Stability hits. Pause, DOW them all individually and then blitz them any way you see fit.

Martinus

Could anyone link me to a comprehensive summary of all new stuff in HTTT please?

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on December 29, 2009, 04:12:45 AM
One little trick I've started doing after HTTT's Casus Belli rules. I dow every single member on an alliance individuallly, this means they cannot be in the same war together and I have CB bonus for all the other powers I fight. Try colonial conquest against three allied pagans, you can only conquer the one you DOW'ed. If you DOW one then the others come as allies and then you can annex your target and then have to wait for the truce to lapse before going after the other ones or bite the Infamy or Stability hits. Pause, DOW them all individually and then blitz them any way you see fit.
Yeah, I learned that as well.  It's a bit of a pain when you're fighting a Holy War, and the game pretends that the enemy allies of the same religion don't count as unholy.

DGuller

jimmy olsen

If you're in a personal union do you have to have the same religion to inherit?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus