Does the Devil in "The Bible" look like Obama?

Started by Martinus, March 19, 2013, 04:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I think he looks more like Donald Sumpter (Maester Luwin).
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: fahdiz on March 19, 2013, 09:58:42 AM

That's the actor who plays the Bad Guy.
Looks lighter skinned there. I wonder if it was just the lighting or if they used makeup?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 19, 2013, 08:44:52 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 19, 2013, 09:58:42 AM

That's the actor who plays the Bad Guy.
Looks lighter skinned there. I wonder if it was just the lighting or if they used makeup?

1) Makeup
2) HE'S WEARING A HOOD

The actor's Moroccan, btw.
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

he does yes.
Thought I smelled something fishy about that bible series
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

A bigger question is why the character is in the series at all.  In the Old Testament, satan is a generic noun, not a specific individuated being.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

He makes an appearance in the Goy part of the Bible.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2013, 10:22:56 AM

Shouldn't that be the second season?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 20, 2013, 10:29:02 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2013, 10:22:56 AM

Shouldn't that be the second season?

The are jamming everything into 5 episodes. I did like the ninja angels in Sodom.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2013, 10:35:33 AM
The are jamming everything into 5 episodes. I did like the ninja angels in Sodom.

What?  I was hoping there would be an entire season devoted to the books of Maccabees.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 20, 2013, 10:20:56 AM
A bigger question is why the character is in the series at all.  In the Old Testament, satan is a generic noun, not a specific individuated being.

Those wacky Christians.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on March 20, 2013, 10:58:13 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 20, 2013, 10:20:56 AM

Those wacky Christians.

Yeah sometimes when I read the OT I am sometimes rather surprised at how different the actual text is from what I was told about it.  No Satan in the garden of Eden for example.  Alot of interpretations got latched onto it over time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."