After Shooting, Police Distrust Widens in Brooklyn Neighborhood

Started by garbon, March 13, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2013, 09:55:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 09:24:40 PM
Also, in the first article, I actually found it odd that the police would vacate (presumably minor) charges when it was a domestic abuse victim.

Happens every day all across America.

Sounds odd. I mean something awful happened but at the same time, should that mean that you can just go around disregarding the law?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 09:58:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2013, 09:55:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 09:24:40 PM
Also, in the first article, I actually found it odd that the police would vacate (presumably minor) charges when it was a domestic abuse victim.

Happens every day all across America.

Sounds odd. I mean something awful happened but at the same time, should that mean that you can just go around disregarding the law?

Does it really matter that much, after the person has just got the crap beat outta them? No
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

First the cops were douchebag racist assholes because they checked for warrants on domestic violence victims.

Then it turns out they don't actually arrest anyone when they find warrants, and sometimes actually have the warrants vacated.

This means they are irresponsible enablers of criminals.

Yeah, it seems pretty clear that there isn't anything that is going to be "reported" in one of garbies blogs that has anything but a negative reflection on police officers.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2013, 10:39:21 PM
First the cops were douchebag racist assholes because they checked for warrants on domestic violence victims.

Then it turns out they don't actually arrest anyone when they find warrants, and sometimes actually have the warrants vacated.

This means they are irresponsible enablers of criminals.

Yeah, it seems pretty clear that there isn't anything that is going to be "reported" in one of garbies blogs that has anything but a negative reflection on police officers.

Yeah could never be that I bolded the bit on the one article because I though it odd. Impossible.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.