News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chávez dead

Started by Iormlund, March 05, 2013, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I hope all of you die slowly in a Citgo gas station explosion.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2013, 04:16:54 PM
The Kircheners,

Googly-eyed Nestor's dead, but it's not too late to go after the bitch.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2013, 04:24:51 PM

No point.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2013, 04:25:24 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2013, 04:24:51 PM

No point.

Disagree.  Would please a great many people.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2013, 04:23:21 PM
I hope all of you die slowly in a Citgo gas station explosion.

Here's what left-leaning Slate had to say about the "reforms" of Chavez:

QuoteWhat has Chávez bequeathed his fellow Venezuelans? The hard facts are unmistakable: The oil-rich South American country is in shambles. It has one of the world's highest rates of inflation, largest fiscal deficits, and fastest growing debts. Despite a boom in oil prices, the country's infrastructure is in disrepair—power outages and rolling blackouts are common—and it is more dependent on crude exports than when Chávez arrived. Venezuela is the only member of OPEC that suffers from shortages of staples such as flour, milk, and sugar. Crime and violence skyrocketed during Chávez's years. On an average weekend, more people are killed in Caracas than in Baghdad and Kabul combined. (In 2009, there were 19,133 murders in Venezuela, more than four times the number of a decade earlier.) When the grisly statistics failed to improve, the Venezuelan government simply stopped publishing the figures.     
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Amuses me a bit that he gave large sums of cash and other goodies to the poor but crime skyrocketed during his reign.  I thought I had been told that poverty was supposed to cause crime and that giving things to poor people will reduce the crime rate :D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2013, 04:30:49 PM
Here's what left-leaning Slate had to say about the "reforms" of Chavez:

Still wasn't fucking talking to you.

derspiess

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2013, 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2013, 03:46:18 PM
Yi, you've lost me.

How so.  You seemed to be calling Josephus a troll.  I don't see how his post makes him a troll.

Thanks. ;)
I didn't see how either. I was being truthful. Chavez is not quite Saddam. [now saying he was is certainly trolling]. Five years ago I would have argued this here, but I'm getting older and have no energy left to deal with people who only see everything in black and white, and refuse to accept that their way of thinking is often not the only accepted viewpoint. I just laugh and move on.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on March 06, 2013, 05:11:14 PM
Five years ago I would have argued this here, but I'm getting older and have no energy left to deal with people who only see everything in black and white, and refuse to accept that their way of thinking is often not the only accepted viewpoint. I just laugh and move on.

This is ridiculous and untrue.  Plenty of us do not feel he is equal to Saddam.  But congrats on feeling superior.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Josephus on March 06, 2013, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2013, 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2013, 03:46:18 PM
Yi, you've lost me.

How so.  You seemed to be calling Josephus a troll.  I don't see how his post makes him a troll.

Thanks. ;)
I didn't see how either. I was being truthful. Chavez is not quite Saddam. [now saying he was is certainly trolling]. Five years ago I would have argued this here, but I'm getting older and have no energy left to deal with people who only see everything in black and white, and refuse to accept that their way of thinking is often not the only accepted viewpoint. I just laugh and move on.

If you'll go back and check, you'll notice that Valmy only responded to the retarded link you posted, and I responded to Valmy with my troll remark.  Valmy then clarified for Yi that we were referring to the link.

I will agree that Chavez was not quite as bad as Saddam.  There-- happy?

Razgovory

Just out of curiosity, why did Chavez become the subject of such hate?  It's not like he's unique, even in Latin America.  And there have been worse and may still be worse out there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I read most of the Malt's link, and while it is for the most part a fairly predictable pinko apologia of Chavez (liberal use of the change the subject strategy) I didn't find it particularly trollsome.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2013, 05:30:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, why did Chavez become the subject of such hate?  It's not like he's unique, even in Latin America.  And there have been worse and may still be worse out there.

I gave the reasons I suspect.  The fact it occured in an oil country, he screwed with Columbia, and he had a talent of drawing attention to himself saying things that ticked certain people off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."