Businessweek Warns That Minorities May Be Buying Houses Again

Started by garbon, March 01, 2013, 02:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: Malthus on March 01, 2013, 04:48:03 PM
It's a great damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Have a Dodge commercial with all-White farm hands? White-wash!

Have a Dodge commerical with Latino farm hands? You think Latinos are wetbacks!

:D

Regardless, the important thing to remember is that because you are white you are not allowed to have an opinion on the subject.
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 01, 2013, 04:53:56 PM
Regardless, the important thing to remember is that because you are white you are not allowed to have an opinion on the subject.

Nonsense.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2013, 05:11:15 PM

Nonsense.

No, it's pretty much true.

Valmy

Nonsense.

Seedy, for one, certainly has opinions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2013, 05:21:03 PM

Nonsense.

But they're irrelevant.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 01, 2013, 05:21:42 PM

Nonsense.

But they're irrelevant.

You sound like derspiess.  :lol: "White people can't see racism--that's just racist!"

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2013, 05:40:23 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 01, 2013, 05:21:42 PM

Nonsense.

But they're irrelevant.

You sound like derspiess.  :lol: "White people can't see racism--that's just racist!"

That's not really what I'm saying at all.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 01, 2013, 05:43:36 PM
That's not really what I'm saying at all.

Go fuck yourself, but that's not what I'm saying at all, either.

DGuller

Well, I guess it's fairly well established what you guys are not saying.  It's what you are saying that I'm having trouble understanding.  :huh: :(

garbon

I think fhdz was right. Basically white people can't have an opinion on minorities. There mere fact of having an opinion is racist...and your opinion will always be racist. :yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Quote from: DGuller on March 01, 2013, 06:03:04 PM
Well, I guess it's fairly well established what you guys are not saying.  It's what you are saying that I'm having trouble understanding.  :huh: :(

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 07:04:16 PM
I think fhdz was right. Basically white people can't have an opinion on minorities. There mere fact of having an opinion is racist...and your opinion will always be racist. :yes:

Even the notion - voiced by a white person - that there is a rational set of criteria which do not include race for judging merit, performance, etc is seen, rightly or wrongly, as racist. The very state of being "white", which once meant that we were the only ones who got a vote on these things, now means that not only do we not get a vote but the very notion that we would feel entitled to an opinion on the subject is racist.

It doesn't actually preclude white people from *having* opinions, of course, since we obviously do - but it does affect what happens if we choose to voice them.