News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Helicopter parenting pushed to new limits

Started by The Larch, March 01, 2013, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Oops, on closer inspection, the windows are wrong, I thing from googling, it must be a Twin Otter.   :blush:

edit:
Damn wrong again, I going to call it as a DHC-3 Otter, even thought it was a Turbo-Beaver at one stage.

Any you'd think one of the Canucks could help me out, what with the aircraft coming from their own country; you can tell that from the rather bizarre names. :rolleyes:

edit:
not the same model of aircraft by here's a twin otter demonstrating this type of floatplane landing on a convention field.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2013, 11:23:56 PM
No he doesn't

Sorry, I have a cold, and I've been sneezing like crazy.  There's gunk on my screen.  Once I got that off, I realized my mistake.  Yeah he looks much better then you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on March 01, 2013, 11:43:31 PM
Oops, on closer inspection, the windows are wrong, I thing from googling, it must be a Twin Otter.   :blush:

edit:
Damn wrong again, I going to call it as a DHC-3 Otter, even thought it was a Turbo-Beaver at one stage.

Any you'd think one of the Canucks could help me out, what with the aircraft coming from their own country; you can tell that from the rather bizarre names. :rolleyes:

edit:
not the same model of aircraft by here's a twin otter demonstrating this type of floatplane landing on a convention field.

I've flown on both a beaver and an otter.  It looks like an otter to me.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2013, 12:30:17 AM

edit:

I've flown on both a beaver and an otter.  It looks like an otter to me.

:thumbsup:

Nice looking aircraft, hope it was a fun ride.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Scipio on March 01, 2013, 11:07:01 PM
I don't mean to stereotype, but where'd Bodean Duke on the left there get a hold of the meth he's obviously enjoying in that photo?

Buddy of mine from school told me about some hallucinagenic tea he had down in Peru.  My money is on that over meth.

Dude is definitely fried on something though.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2013, 02:07:00 PM
Quote from: Scipio on March 01, 2013, 11:07:01 PM
I don't mean to stereotype, but where'd Bodean Duke on the left there get a hold of the meth he's obviously enjoying in that photo?

Buddy of mine from school told me about some hallucinagenic tea he had down in Peru.  My money is on that over meth.

Dude is definitely fried on something though.

Was it Yage?

Admiral Yi

katmai

Don't remember your Buddy's name? Damn Yip is getting old.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: PDH on March 02, 2013, 11:22:05 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2013, 01:53:34 AM
a Turbo-Beaver

lolz

I think I met her once.

Doesn't have the same ring as "Her name was Lola ....", though I suspect Turbo-beaver it would make a more amusing song.  :)

Sheilbh

I'm glad someone else is still angry about 1054 :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I can relate to this, when I don't do a fully publically viewable status update for a while my mam gets paranoid :bleeding:
As was the fashion to say some years ago: Facebook should never been opened to regular people.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on March 03, 2013, 09:45:30 AM
I can relate to this, when I don't do a fully publically viewable status update for a while my mam gets paranoid :bleeding:
As was the fashion to say some years ago: Facebook should never been opened to regular people.

Just get here to register here instead, then she'd know your safe, sane and in 'good' company.   :P