A Damian Clone
0 (0%)
Harper Row (the star of Batman #12)
0 (0%)
Helena Wayne (Huntress2/Earth2 Robin)
0 (0%)
Selena Kyle (Catwoman)
0 (0%)
None (also the option for those who don't want a new Robin)
3 (37.5%)
Other (write in)
0 (0%)
Jaron (Joke Wonder)
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2013, 04:53:48 PM
well, possibly, but business wise it seems to have worked

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/55947-how-stable-are-dc-comics-sales-after-their-relaunch.html

QuotePrior to January, DC's relaunch had remarkably stable numbers. In January, the slide started to show and the bottom third of the line sits in cancellation sales zone, the bulk of the titles already cancelled waiting for their replacements to show up. Six of those replacement titles aren't arriving until June. It takes time to prep replacement titles and the stillborn titles aren't helping the line average. The Batman titles are due for a lull between crossover events, which also won't help the bottom line. June is a big month for DC with six new series, presumably including the Jim Lee/Scott Snyder Superman and a new set of creators for its Green Lantern family of titles. June is when the new tone will be set. The question is, can they get a handle on the bottom third of the line or will that bottom third offset the gains in the top third?

You call that successful? :blink:
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2013, 05:26:23 PM
Cassandra Cain!

Given Didio's track record on females, I wouldn't hold my breath for either Steph or Cass.
Experience bij!

Viking

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 12, 2013, 05:21:41 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2013, 04:53:48 PM
well, possibly, but business wise it seems to have worked

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/55947-how-stable-are-dc-comics-sales-after-their-relaunch.html

QuotePrior to January, DC's relaunch had remarkably stable numbers. In January, the slide started to show and the bottom third of the line sits in cancellation sales zone, the bulk of the titles already cancelled waiting for their replacements to show up. Six of those replacement titles aren't arriving until June. It takes time to prep replacement titles and the stillborn titles aren't helping the line average. The Batman titles are due for a lull between crossover events, which also won't help the bottom line. June is a big month for DC with six new series, presumably including the Jim Lee/Scott Snyder Superman and a new set of creators for its Green Lantern family of titles. June is when the new tone will be set. The question is, can they get a handle on the bottom third of the line or will that bottom third offset the gains in the top third?

You call that successful? :blink:

I was referring to the project as a whole rather than individual titles. They managed to substantially increase their sales with the new 52 and the total sales of all titles has remained stable. You are just referring to the fact that they are cycling out the least successful titles, as one would expect. They are limiting themselves to 52 titles to force themselves to cancel the less successful titles if they are going to replace it with a different one.

Obviously the new #1 books sold out as collectors and people giving the re-boot a chance bought everything. Since then they had kept their circulation, that is what makes it not "an unmitigated disaster" as Neil put it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2013, 04:48:19 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 12, 2013, 04:28:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2013, 04:08:20 PM
It won't be Stephanie Brown.  Editorial policy is that she doesn't exist.
She does exist in Young Justice

http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Stephanie_Brown

as a potential meta-human.

I keep returning to the idea that the vehemence against including steph anywhere that might be cannon is somehow connected to a plan for her. Then I remember that they deleted Oracle just to get rid of her so...
Young Justice won't exist either, shortly.

At any rate, everything from Flashpoint on has been such an unmitigated disaster for DC, it's hard to care if they have any plans, secret or otherwise.

It's really a shame, isn't it?  If they'd done a hard reboot, I'd have respected the effort.

I keep imagining an alternate Earth where Mark Waid has Dan DiDio's job.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I went to school with a girl called Stephanie Brown. Had no idea the name was in any way Batman related. Evil fun could have been had.
██████
██████
██████

Scipio

Erik Larsen was right.  Don't replace the canceled titles.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Viking

Quote from: Scipio on March 13, 2013, 06:18:49 AM
Erik Larsen was right.  Don't replace the canceled titles.

well, not unless somebody has a good idea they want to try with a dormant title..
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.