In Italy, Illusion Is the Only Reality; Berlusconi On His Way Back To The Top

Started by jimmy olsen, February 25, 2013, 09:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2013, 02:46:03 PM
I want a gelato.
Princesca and I found a New York-style pizzeria like 10 minutes from our house this past weekend that has gelato.  It was pretty good (she got some and I tasted it).  I got one of their cannolis which was ok, but not 'correct' in that it had some weird chocolate filling.... never seen that before.  Cannolis should have that ricotta cream stuff in them, and then possibly fillings included in that stuff... so a 'chocolate' cannoli should have chocolate chips in that cream filling, not have a chocolate cream filling.  I'm thinking about filing a lawsuit. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 27, 2013, 02:56:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2013, 02:46:03 PM
I want a gelato.
Princesca and I found a New York-style pizzeria like 10 minutes from our house this past weekend that has gelato.  It was pretty good (she got some and I tasted it).  I got one of their cannolis which was ok, but not 'correct' in that it had some weird chocolate filling.... never seen that before.  Cannolis should have that ricotta cream stuff in them, and then possibly fillings included in that stuff... so a 'chocolate' cannoli should have chocolate chips in that cream filling, not have a chocolate cream filling.  I'm thinking about filing a lawsuit. :hmm:

Calm down Spaz.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Everything that Derspeiss eats has gunpowder residue on it for some reason.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 26, 2013, 10:46:11 AM
The 5-star crowd are offering something I would want, which is out of the euro and getting the Lira back  :cool:

10% annual devaluation....................Italy would soon be back on her feet.

The trouble with the Italians is that while they make excellent Italians they are only 3rd-rate at behaving like Germans.
In fairness they don't even want that they just want a referendum on Euro membership. Given Italy's situation I think a lot of their policies look pretty admirable.

The weird thing about Italy is how successful it is despite its politicians and corruption. They've got some world-beating companies, a mittelstand to envy and are a nation of frugal savers. They're the Japanese of Europe and if their politics worked Lord knows how well they'd do.
Let's bomb Russia!