Bark Up or Down? Firewood Splits Norwegians

Started by Syt, February 22, 2013, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on February 22, 2013, 07:26:14 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 22, 2013, 12:25:51 PM
You guys are missing the important part of the discussion: bark up or down?

With Birch wood and properly split and dried logs bark up. Though.. dried bark can be used as kindling..

Doesn't bark get a little smokey?  Or maybe it's just with the wood (ash) most prevalent around here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Tom Hanks Castway fire starting scene is pricless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybhVvjsEhE&playnext=1&list=PLj6an1gTD02XxObZQgDJNxBOI-vpGolcJ&feature=results_video

"The air got to it"...no shit Sherlock

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Mine's at 59F, I may go turn it down another notch before I go to bed, as I hate being too warm at night.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 22, 2013, 09:36:06 PM
I usually turn it to "75"

Jesus Christ on a tap-dancing furnace blower motor; how high are your frigging heat bills? O_O

garbon

Quote from: fahdiz on February 22, 2013, 09:44:37 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 22, 2013, 09:36:06 PM
I usually turn it to "75"

Jesus Christ on a tap-dancing furnace blower motor; how high are your frigging heat bills? O_O

More importantly - isn't that an uncomfortable house temp?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Not very high. Atlanta was fairly warm and San Diego's even warmer.  :P

@garbon- not at all
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 22, 2013, 09:56:43 PM
Not very high. Atlanta was fairly warm and San Diego's even warmer.  :P

@garbon- not at all

I could see having one's house be 75 if one had windows open and there was a nice breeze - but heating it to 75 just sounds dreadful.