China realizes people need clean water to live!

Started by jimmy olsen, February 22, 2013, 03:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: mongers on February 22, 2013, 09:08:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2013, 08:12:24 PM
Why does mongers like to tell us about urination and defecation outside?

Defecate, I've probably done that a handful of time every and always in a properly prepared hole.

As for having a slash whilst out and about, isn't that just a natural thing to do ?   :bowler:

I've no idea what sense of "natural" we're talking about here but my question wasn't why do you do it. My question was why do you want to tell us.  There was nothing about that story that need us to visualize a man peeing in a field.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

As for having a slash whilst out and about, isn't that just a natural thing to do ?   :bowler:

Natural, sure. Legal, no.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 22, 2013, 10:06:50 PM

Natural, sure. Legal, no.

In this country it's not illegal, you'd have to be doing it in a particular way and which generally contravened a local by-law.

Obviously trying this in a crowded street in London isn't going to 'work'.

For comparison have you ever seen how much shit and piss a typical small dairy herd of cattle make and it's entirely 'natural', never mind people have died in slurry lakes on farms before. 

The countryside is shit and piss, an occasion extra 1/4 pint of urine ain't going to harm anyone.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2013, 09:59:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2013, 08:12:24 PM
Why does mongers like to tell us about urination and defecation outside?

Defecate, I've probably done that a handful of time every and always in a properly prepared hole.

I've no idea what sense of "natural" we're talking about here but my question wasn't why do you do it. My question was why do you want to tell us.  There was nothing about that story that need us to visualize a man peeing in a field.

It's why I had to stop there, if had hadn't needed a slash I wouldn't have had the thought/experience. And since it's such a trivial thing, like answering a phone call why not include it ?

For instance you're walking down a street, suddenly stop, and a second latter something falls out of a window, landing on the sidewalk, possibly where you would have been.

Now to my mind the story is more intelligible, has a better flow if you actually say, "I was walking along the street and stopped to answer a call on my cellphone, just then a pot-plant fell from a window sill above and landed on the sidewalk where I'd have probably been if I hadn't answered the call"

Happy ?  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"