News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best Voice Acting?

Started by Queequeg, February 19, 2013, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Btw, the voice actor of Zaeed Massani who died recently will get an send off for ME3 with the next (final) DLC. Easily one of my favorite characters from ME2.

Also, with playing L.A. Noire I have to add this as one of the best voice acting games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2013, 08:41:40 AM
Btw, the voice actor of Zaeed Massani who died recently will get an send off for ME3
"How about goodbye!?"
:ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2013, 06:42:17 PM
Today another game with excellent voice acting came to mind.  Myth I and it's sequel.  Each of the levels had a fairly well written diary entry read by an old and tired  sounding narrator.

Too bad they ripped Glen Cook off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

LA Noire
Dragon Age
Dragon Age 2
The Mass Effect series (unless you hate Keith David and Rafael Sbarge, in which case, die in a fire)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
The Thief series
Legacy of Kain series
Batman Arkham series
Fable III
Jade Empire
KOTOR and KOTOR II
Dishonored
FO:NV
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Deus Ex? The whole Assassins Creed series has been on par with that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I just thought of another one.  Portal 1 and 2.  J. K. Simmons is pretty good a comedy.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i-nMWgBUp0
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017