IL State Senator proposes bill to force removal of anonymous internet posts

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, February 18, 2013, 11:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

QuoteIllinois Senate Bill 1614

Summary

Creates the Internet Posting Removal Act. Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request, remove any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. Effective 90 days after becoming law.

I trust the First Amendment will prevail over the delusions of a state senator from Chicago.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 18, 2013, 11:10:31 PM

Summary

Creates the Internet Posting Removal Act. Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request, remove any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. Effective 90 days after becoming law.

I trust the First Amendment will prevail over the delusions of a state senator from Chicago.

That shit won't ever leave the depths of the committee's trashcan... er, file folder.
Experience bij!

mongers

Summary

vM, in two years time they'll be water-boarding you for Our login details.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 18, 2013, 11:21:46 PM
That shit won't ever leave the depths of the committee's trashcan... er, file folder.

I'm sure there's enough Illinois state senators with a vested interest in preserving the anonymity of sending pics of their cocks to interns to worry too much about this.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 12:08:51 AM
I'm sure there's enough Illinois state senators with a vested interest in preserving the anonymity of sending pics of their cocks to interns to worry too much about this.

Exactly.  No sense losing sleep over this, folks.  Nothing to see here.
Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2013, 11:56:53 PM

Summary

vM, in two years time they'll be water-boarding you for Our login details.   :P

Like he wouldn't sell us all out for five bucks anyway.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on February 19, 2013, 01:21:30 AM
How would you even enforce such a law?

It would be difficult at best on the national level.  I'd say it would be impossible at the state level.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.