News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Spring 2013 Has Arrived.

Started by mongers, February 16, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Well not happy about this shit. Finally left my apartment for the first time since Wednesday afternoon (thank you late season flu) and it is cold and rainy.

Also, looked in the mirror this morning and I looked like a scruffy beast! Illness does not become me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on April 12, 2013, 11:09:14 AM
Well not happy about this shit. Finally left my apartment for the first time since Wednesday afternoon (thank you late season flu) and it is cold and rainy.

Also, looked in the mirror this morning and I looked like a scruffy beast! Illness does not become me.

Welcome to my look.  Or how you'll permanently feel in a quarter-century's time.     :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

FUCK.  I hired a new lawn guy on Thursday, and found out today that he died yesterday.  Goddamn lawn boy hicks are so lazy they can't even bother to stay alive. :mad:

That does it... I'm gonna hire a Mennonite to build me a shed and then get my own mower. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Be careful he doesn't pull some Mennonite scam on you.

Ed Anger

I mowed my lawn today. One hand on the steering wheel, one hand holding iced tea.

Yeehaw.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 13, 2013, 05:43:09 PM
I mowed my lawn today. One hand on the steering wheel, one hand holding iced tea.

Yeehaw.
You have a big lawn, right?  Do you have a ZTR or conventional riding mower?

I went to the local Husqvarna dealer today and poked around a bit.  Haven't bought anything yet.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2013, 05:50:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 13, 2013, 05:43:09 PM

Yeehaw.
You have a big lawn, right?  Do you have a ZTR or conventional riding mower?

I went to the local Husqvarna dealer today and poked around a bit.  Haven't bought anything yet.

Conventional. I can't drive like a hooting moron on the other.

Caliga

I went down to Lowe's today to look at lawn tractors and sheds.  I was surprised to see that there are some conventional lawn tractors that can go as fast as 8 mph.  Since speed was the main reason I was looking at ZTRs, I may rethink the whole ZTR thing now.

As for sheds, they have one model that actually has two stories, screen windows, and even an internal staircase.  I could probably rent it out to poor people to live in when not in use. :w00t:

Grey Fox

:yeah:

Took the Winter Car port* down today. It was a giant giant pain in the ass. Seriously, this thing is so fucking old everything barely fits together & then get stucks there. Considering not putting it up next winter or buying a new one. I'd like to install a new one once, never did that.

*No reall Idea on how to actually call in english.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2013, 05:10:10 PM
As for sheds, they have one model that actually has two stories, screen windows, and even an internal staircase.  I could probably rent it out to poor people to live in when not in use. :w00t:

Problem with that, is that you have poor people living in your shed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

No worries, I also have firearms if they get out of control. :)

Tonitrus

Just wait until you try to evict.  The lawyers will descend on you.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2013, 06:20:18 PM
No worries, I also have firearms if they get out of control. :)

Sheds are pretty tame, I don't think you'll have much of a problem.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 14, 2013, 07:17:03 PM
Just wait until you try to evict.  The lawyers will descend on you.

Burn 'em out.

katmai

Caliga has slum lord written all over him.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son