News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Spring 2013 Has Arrived.

Started by mongers, February 16, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Still snow on the ground and we're not forecast a full day above freezing for at least another week. Worst. Easter. Ever.

Martinus

No, it hasn't. Go fuck yourself, mongers. You make me sick.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Richard Hakluyt

mongers - amateur weather forecaster extraordinaire  :D

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 25, 2013, 10:43:59 AM

What's 6-7 weeks amongst friends ?  :P

mongers

garbon

Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2013, 10:53:28 AM

Doesn't seem you did a worse job than real weather forecasters do. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2013, 01:26:01 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2013, 10:53:28 AM

Doesn't seem you did a worse job than real weather forecasters do. :hug:

:cheers:

Syt

Last week ice café Tichy down the street from me, considered by many to offer Vienna's best ice cream, opened for the season. Normally that means double digit plus grades, blossoming trees, a balmy spring air and busy counters till 11 pm.

It's rather unsettling to see the café open and nearly deserted at 10 pm with an inch on the ground. It's not how it's supposed to be.

Last year Vienna broke a number of heat records (hottest April day ever measured, hottest temperature ever measured at all and a few more). This is now officially the coldest March in over 100 years.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

British Summer Time began 1h45minutes ago.  :hmm:

KRonn

It was a warm weekend here, though today is a lot cooler. Good thing for the warm weather because my heating furnace isn't working right.  I have a service contract on it and the tech checked it out, found that some insulation broke off inside and parts of it can over heat, which could get dangerous. So I need to replace it. Furnace lasted a long time, over 33 years. I can use it for short time periods to heat the house up some but won't leave it on for more than an hour or two. I shut it down if I'm not there, and off also overnight.  Furnace is being replaced tomorrow (Wednesday).

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 02, 2013, 01:17:44 PM
It was a warm weekend here, though today is a lot cooler. Good thing for the warm weather because my heating furnace isn't working right.  I have a service contract on it and the tech checked it out, found that some insulation broke off inside and parts of it can over heat, which could get dangerous. So I need to replace it. Furnace lasted a long time, over 33 years. I can use it for short time periods to heat the house up some but won't leave it on for more than an hour or two. I shut it down if I'm not there, and off also overnight.  Furnace is being replaced tomorrow (Wednesday).

:thumbsup:

Yeah the one I replaced must have been 40+ years old; was hoping to be able to turn mine off for the spring and summer, but these Easterlies say different.  :(

mongers

Gups

We've had two hours of snow here in the City of London. In April FFS. I so want to go somewhere warm I am so sick of this alwyas winter and never Christmas shit.