News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Report on Elam
QuoteTends to go for the kill shot too often and loses the ability to tackle consistently as a result.
Yeah Niners had enough of that with Goldson.... :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 25, 2013, 11:07:18 PM
Report on Elam
QuoteTends to go for the kill shot too often and loses the ability to tackle consistently as a result.
Yeah Niners had enough of that with Goldson.... :P

Well, they just did the same with Reid:

QuoteWeaknesses: Reid's biggest strength is also his greatest weakness. He plays with nonstop aggressiveness and intensity, but he doesn't always control that hostility in a smart way on the football field. He throws his body around and might be the most violent striker in the SEC, but if Reid doesn't learn how to play smarter and harness his fierce playing style then he'll have a tough time making a living in the NFL.

:lol:

katmai

So sounds like only difference between the two is Niners guy is taller so might be better vs the TE's but not as good in pass coverage :P

CountDeMoney

I think Reid's talents are better suited as a SS, but his physique simply shouts FS.  Kinda reminds me of Eric Turner.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2013, 11:19:53 PM
I think Reid's talents are better suited as a SS, but his physique simply shouts FS.  Kinda reminds me of Eric Turner.
I know they went for pick with not just replacing Goldson, but this is Whitner's last year of his contract.
They picked up the dude from Rams, but he seems like depth to me.

Sophie Scholl

A first round Raiders pick!  It's been a few years.  Here's to hoping it pans out for a change.  I would have loved to have gotten to trade down one more time to amass a few more picks.  Judging by how long they went into the clock, I'm thinking they were hoping for the same.  There are still so many holes to fill, but I suppose it's still a multi-year project.  If I don't see results by the end of next year, I'll be disappointed.  Also, a decent pickup by the Browns.  Not a bad day 1 of the draft for my favorite teams.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Knowing Raiders track record hopefully kid is able to come back from that freaky accident.

Sophie Scholl

Raiders players tend toward the mental self destructiveness, not physical.  But yeah, I'm hoping he does as well.  Even if he doesn't up playing for the team for a long period of time or doesn't have the physical and mental edge he used to, it's still a great comeback story.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Rodgers just signed a 5-year, $110-million extension.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Niners traded down from #34 to #40th pick and added just what they needed in two more picks :lol: (7th rounder which they now have 4 of them and 3rd round in 2014 draft)

katmai

katmai

dps

Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2013, 06:07:43 PM
Jets love Geno!

I think that Rex Ryan doesn't want to replace Mark Sanchez--he wants to keep him as his starter, but just make him as miserable as hell.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2013, 10:55:17 PM

I think they reached for Reid, but they'll definitely make up for it tomorrow with that 2/2 pick.  If they take Tank Carridine, I'm gonna be so fucking pissed.

Someone is gonna be pissed!

CountDeMoney