News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Haggle over Hagel: RINO Edition!

Started by CountDeMoney, February 14, 2013, 08:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2013, 10:00:24 AM
On the other hand I'm puzzled why the GOP is picking this battle.  They can badmouth Hagel as much as they want, but otherwise let it go.  Defense policy is going to flow from the White House, for better or worse.
I haven't been following things all that closely, but aren't the Republicans picking pretty much ever fight they can?  Having lunatics like Rand Paul in there can't be good for the collective sanity of Republican senators.

Jeez guys.  I know that the Democrats used pretty much every dirty trick in the book to hinder honourable Republican presidents like Nixon and Bush 41, but they've lost their way in retaliating.  It's that old quote about when you look into the the abyss, the abyss is also looking into you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on February 15, 2013, 11:04:34 AM
He came back for a second pass!  RUN!

I was absolutely neutral on the Hagel nomination, but if Hans is coming in to make up shit to smear him with, there must be something good about Hagel that I just can't see.

Hagel has met all the standard requests to release his financials and ties to foreign government, but the Republicans keep moving the goalposts.  It is noteworthy that only Hans and one or two Republicans are actually arguing that Hagel has not submitted all the required paperwork.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maximus

Quote from: grumbler on February 15, 2013, 12:40:09 PM
I was absolutely neutral on the Hagel nomination, but if Hans is coming in to make up shit to smear him with, there must be something good about Hagel that I just can't see.

Hagel has met all the standard requests to release his financials and ties to foreign government, but the Republicans keep moving the goalposts.  It is noteworthy that only Hans and one or two Republicans are actually arguing that Hagel has not submitted all the required paperwork.
And Hans's pro-democratic party propaganda machine rumbles on.

Hansmeister

Actually he hasn't. Heck, Kissinger was booted off the 9-11 Commission for refusing to reveal foreign clients, yet Hagel believes he doesn't have to reveal his foreign clients.

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on February 15, 2013, 09:04:43 AM
Man, it's funny how bereft of principle and honour the Republicans are.  Richard Nixon would roll over in his grave to see how far his party has fallen.

Richard Nixon: paragon of principle and honor!
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

But how do we know he didn't bully other kids for their lunch money in 3rd grade ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2013, 02:33:47 PM

But how do we know he didn't bully other kids for their lunch money in 3rd grade ?

True only presidential candidates should be subjected to that level of scrutiny.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 15, 2013, 01:10:01 PM

Actually he hasn't. Heck, Kissinger was booted off the 9-11 Commission for refusing to reveal foreign clients, yet Hagel believes he doesn't have to reveal his foreign clients.

I see to recall a recent defeated Presidential canidate who was rather reluctant to release all of his financial dealings.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017