Main Menu

Haggle over Hagel: RINO Edition!

Started by CountDeMoney, February 14, 2013, 08:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 15, 2013, 09:25:42 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 14, 2013, 08:04:58 PM
John Tower? 

Long time to carry a grudge.  But the 21st century has not been kind to poor John McCain, no wonder he prefers to live in the last one.

Maybe he has become 21st century schizoid man:
http://www.last.fm/music/King+Crimson/_/21st+Century+Schizoid+Man :whistle:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 08:12:38 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2013, 08:07:51 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 08:00:26 AM
Well it seems a little odd to get sanctimonious over what the Dems purposefully engineered.

Who's getting sactimonious? Reid?

Well yes his outrage is a bit over the top given that he apparently hoped this would happen.

On the other hand I'm puzzled why the GOP is picking this battle.  They can badmouth Hagel as much as they want, but otherwise let it go.  Defense policy is going to flow from the White House, for better or worse.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2013, 10:00:24 AM
On the other hand I'm puzzled why the GOP is picking this battle.  They can badmouth Hagel as much as they want, but otherwise let it go.  Defense policy is going to flow from the White House, for better or worse.

I don't get it, either.  It's not like they don't have any other targets around if they want to take shots at the President with the foreign policy mantle and defense sequestration.
All it does is make them look like it's personal, which is pretty much what John McCain  wound up saying yesterday.  And quite frankly, Lindsay Graham has officially wandered into stalker conspiracy territory over all this.

And Rand Paul said he's going to block John Brennan for CIA.  What the hell.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Or Sam Nunn, if he could be de-aged a bit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Bob Kerrey used to be my favorite Democrat but he got Borked pretty hard by the press during his presidential run over all his Vietnam wet jobs.

Hansmeister

Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2013, 10:00:24 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 08:12:38 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2013, 08:07:51 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 08:00:26 AM
Well it seems a little odd to get sanctimonious over what the Dems purposefully engineered.

Who's getting sactimonious? Reid?

Well yes his outrage is a bit over the top given that he apparently hoped this would happen.

Two reason:  He is a raging anti-semite (which seems to be ok with Democrats nowadays) who sees conspiracies by   :Joos everywhere, and he has demonstrated that he is a clueless, bumbling fool who lack even a basic understanding of the job.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2013, 03:27:06 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 15, 2013, 02:40:22 AM
Well he would be in charge of the secret service.

No, he wouldn't.  Secret Service hasn't been under the Treasury for almost a decade.

:blush:

Ok, I guess Yi's explanation works though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

You know how some turds just refuse to permanently get flushed down the toilet?  Just some random thought, not sure why it occurred to me just now.

Kleves

We can and should have a better DefSec than Hagel, but it's Obama's choice, and he should get who he wants.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Kleves on February 15, 2013, 10:57:51 AM
We can and should have a better DefSec than Hagel, but it's Obama's choice, and he should get who he wants.

And if he complied with a pretty standard request to release his financials and ties to foreign government he would be.  But given that he is refusing to do so it is perfectly reasonable that he should not be confirmed. 

PDH

He came back for a second pass!  RUN!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on February 15, 2013, 10:53:10 AM
You know how some turds just refuse to permanently get flushed down the toilet?  Just some random thought, not sure why it occurred to me just now.

Ed's scat fetish is rubbing off on you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?