News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Papabile: Papal predictions thread

Started by Martinus, February 12, 2013, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

This dude is ancient. Appears more like Vatican token affirmative action. Why cant they pick someone younger ala JP 2? He was 58 IIRC when selected. This dude is what 76.

*Hey I know Guys, lets pick the old brown guy. He'll be dead in a few years then we're golden.*
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on March 14, 2013, 10:58:20 AM
This dude is ancient. Appears more like Vatican token affirmative action. Why cant they pick someone younger ala JP 2? He was 58 IIRC when selected. This dude is what 76.

*Hey I know Guys, lets pick the old brown guy. He'll be dead in a few years then we're golden.*

He's of Italian descent, so no browner than the last 2000 years of popes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: 11B4V on March 14, 2013, 10:58:20 AM

They don't want another 20 year pontificat. ~5 years will be the norm now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Oh my god.

Remember how the Malachite prophecy had it that the next Pope (and the last one for the Roman Church) will be black?

Do you know what the Superior General of the Jesuits is often called in the "Vatican slang"? The Black Pope. And Jesuits are called black monks because of the colour of their habits.

:ph34r:

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2013, 11:06:32 AM
Oh my god.

Remember how the Malachite prophecy had it that the next Pope (and the last one for the Roman Church) will be black?

Do you know what the Superior General of the Jesuits is often called in the "Vatican slang"? The Black Pope. And Jesuits are called black monks because of the colour of their habits.

Shit, it's the end of the world. Time to stock up on ammo again. Crap cant find any from the last mania.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on March 14, 2013, 11:09:18 AM
Oh my god.

Shit, it's the end of the world. Time to stock up on ammo again. Crap cant find any from the last mania.

http://gunbot.net/
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Oh my god.

Ask the department of Homeland Security, I think they have some.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2013, 11:11:39 AM
Oh my god.

http://gunbot.net/

Danke, always nice to network.  :thumbsup:

11B4V

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 14, 2013, 11:12:23 AM
Oh my god.

Ask the department of Homeland Security, I think they have some.

Didnt think about that. I work for them.

Martinus

It's not the end of the world, just the end of the Catholic Church. After that we have the rule of the Antichrist when the church will no longer exist.

So let's party.

The Larch

Oh my god.

He also supports a football team whose fans are nicknamed "The Crows".  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Syt

Oh my god.

Where did you read that? Google gives nothing.

The last Pope is described in the "prophecy":

QuotePeter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.