400 injured by meteorite fall in Russian Urals

Started by jimmy olsen, February 15, 2013, 03:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2013, 02:17:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2013, 03:33:48 AM
Just goes to show how unsafe the solar system is.
So, let's say there's an happy bunch of minors on an asteroid not to far from earth, and this thing that hit Russia scrapes by the mining site instead.  What do you think would have happenned to the mining installations? ;)
Unless it hits them, it's no problem.  Asteroids don't have an atmosphere.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

My ass just exploded with the force of 500 kilotons.  Think it was the Steak-Umms.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 16, 2013, 09:23:34 PM
My ass just exploded with the force of 500 kilotons.  Think it was the Steak-Umms.
Sounds like me the other day after I had White Castle.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Phillip V

derspiess

Everyone knows the Fox thing is fake, right?  Apparently Van Jones wasn't smart enough to figure it out, but hopefully people with half a brain are.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2013, 05:36:33 PM
Apparently Van Jones wasn't smart enough to figure it out, but hopefully people with half a brain are.

But then they wouldn't be watching Fox, now would they?  Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

jimmy olsen

A CNN anchor recently asked Bill Nye if the asteroid was connected to global warming. So, no. Journalists (of all political persuasions) are so stupid, you just can't rule anything out until investigating it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Nearly all journalists are stupid, but only some journalists are also malicious propagandists.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on February 19, 2013, 06:04:54 PM
Nearly all journalists are stupid, but only some journalists are also malicious propagandists.

It's pretty easy to mistakes in others and declare them stupid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017