Forest Whitaker Gets Apology From NY Deli

Started by garbon, February 19, 2013, 04:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2013, 05:21:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 05:19:48 PM
My point wass, it looks a bit swankier and upscale than your traditional lower east side neighborhood family-run deli.  But I haven't been to the lower east side for a while.

Did you miss the whole Alphabet City gentrfication thing?

D still sucks. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2013, 05:21:53 PM
Did you miss the whole Alphabet City gentrfication thing?

I heard there are no Irishmen in Hell's Kitchen anymore, and all the Jews in Brighton Beach have been displaced by filthy Cossacks.

Hell's Kitchen is full of homos. :cool:

To your point though, that's because the Deli is on the UES.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 06:33:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 19, 2013, 06:29:56 PM
Hell's Kitchen is full of homos. :cool:

:bleeding:

Overall, it's a decent tradeoff.  More winebars and bistros with obscure themes, less vomiting in the street.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 05:04:54 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 19, 2013, 04:50:02 PM
Inside the deli:

Not exactly "Mort's Deli & Corned Beef, Est. 1947" on East Houston, now is it?  Looks like a place you'd see a celebrity picking up something to knosh.

Looks like it's full of overpriced imported crap.

garbon

Quote from: citizen k on February 19, 2013, 07:16:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 05:04:54 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 19, 2013, 04:50:02 PM
Inside the deli:

Not exactly "Mort's Deli & Corned Beef, Est. 1947" on East Houston, now is it?  Looks like a place you'd see a celebrity picking up something to knosh.

Looks like it's full of overpriced imported crap.

Almost everything in Manhattan is imported. ;)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points