News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on June 08, 2016, 07:09:38 AM
Skyrim seems awfully easy. Level 1 and taking down wolf packs and bandit gangs with ease :hmm:

You are an awesome fighting force.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I'm playing the Witcher right now and plan to work my way up to the third one.  I played this through but honestly don't remember much of it. I met the King of the Wild Hunt who I imagine will be important later on since the third title is subtitled "The Wild Hunt".   Game is still graphically impressive and the world building is great.  Building actually look like late medieval houses and people dress like they actually are in the middle ages.  It's amazing that people like Marty still live this way.  The dialog doesn't work for me, mixing fantasy and modern science (and pseudoscience like psychoanalysis).  It throws me off when you go on about Dwarves and Elves and genetics and mutations.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Skyrim seems awfully easy. Level 1 and taking down wolf packs and bandit gangs with ease :hmm:

If you don't plan on cheating, early levels will be easy, but 9-13 or so will be a huge slog- dragons start appearing, but you'll still be too weak to take them out easily.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Still playing the crap out of ETS2... it's the only game I've played in months. :hmm:  That said my gaming time is extremely limited these days.

Anyway, I decided to pick ATS up this morning since it was on sale and I enjoy ETS2 so much.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 08, 2016, 10:58:01 PM

If you don't plan on cheating, early levels will be easy, but 9-13 or so will be a huge slog- dragons start appearing, but you'll still be too weak to take them out easily.
Ah. It does the stupid the world levels with you thing :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Phillip V

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on June 10, 2016, 09:57:05 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 08, 2016, 10:58:01 PM

Ah. It does the stupid the world levels with you thing :bleeding:

Well if the dragons appear at level one, you won't really have much of a chance.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

Why are game monsters so stupid?  The big ones always hang back til the heroes have leveled up and gotten magic and shit.  If they just hung out around the starting town they could eliminate all the threats without much effort.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on June 14, 2016, 08:25:14 PM
Why are game monsters so stupid?  The big ones always hang back til the heroes have leveled up and gotten magic and shit.  If they just hung out around the starting town they could eliminate all the threats without much effort.

They were trained by Bond villains.

Archy

American Trucking Simulator for my road trip to USA needs.
Empire tv tycoon fun remake of MAD TV.  Archy approved nostalgia  :)

crazy canuck

I have just started playing Hearthstone.

A load of fun!

The Brain

Quote from: PDH on June 14, 2016, 08:25:14 PM

In all fairness Skyrim kind of had that.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2016, 02:23:01 PM
I have just started playing Hearthstone.

A load of fun!

Thanks for reminding me, I log in once a week to check out the Tavern Brawl.  I almost missed this week.