News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: Nice.  And here I was wasting all that cash on ships of the line.

Razgovory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aZ-rEek74

This guy demonstrates it.  It's pretty close to a cheat.  He's only using six rocket ships.  I never bothered with anything but rocket ships.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

I haven't gotten to that tech yet in this current game (I keep starting over heh), but the bomb ketch seems to have a limit on the number you can build using Darthmod, so I bet the rocket ships are the same way. 

frunk

Astrolid, a free to play game on Steam.  It's a space fleet combat game, with a very fun ship building system.  The combat itself is a bit too fast twitch for me, so I tend to focus on big, heavy ships to slow things down.  Most of the time that works fine.

I've only played SP so far.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 13, 2016, 10:33:02 AM
Paradox has announced HoI4.

One of these days Paradox will find a way to turn this most famous of naval wars into something where naval combat works. Until then I have no interest.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2016, 10:41:42 AM

One of these days Paradox will find a way to turn this most famous to naval wars into something where naval combat works. Until then I have no interest.

Yeah.  Or abstract the bombing/submarine warfare campaigns so I don't have to micro-manage every little thing.

Definitely not one I'm pre-ordering.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

HoI 4 was announced a couple of years ago.  It's being released June 6th.

Razgovory

Well, HOI 1 sucked, but HOI2 was good.  HOI 3 sucked, so maybe HOI 4 will be good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Saw an expansion to eador for sale for 50p so played the game again.
Don't notice what the expansion has added at all.

I've gotten quiquite far into the game but it begins to annoy. There's zero continuity in the campaign. Just a bunch of disconnected scenarios.  Whole thing feels pointless
██████
██████
██████

frunk

Quote from: frunk on May 11, 2016, 08:47:00 AM
Astrolid, a free to play game on Steam.  It's a space fleet combat game, with a very fun ship building system.  The combat itself is a bit too fast twitch for me, so I tend to focus on big, heavy ships to slow things down.  Most of the time that works fine.

I've only played SP so far.

The campaign actually kind of sucks, except for learning the game.  The real meat is in the challenges/multiplayer, where you get to program your ships using a limited set of if/else statements.  It makes small ships viable and fun.

garbon

I just saw a man on the subway playing football manager on his laptop with a wireless mouse on his knee. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Thought I should force myself to finally finish New Vegas.
Loaded my game and totally forgot where I was. Don't fancy restarting.
So I'll finally start Skyrim.
Any mods that should be used?
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Skyrim seems awfully easy. Level 1 and taking down wolf packs and bandit gangs with ease :hmm:

██████
██████
██████