News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I haven't played Tropico 5, but all other Tropico games were just marginal improvements over the previous one.

They're fun, if a bit repetitive in the end.

schaksen

Been playing SWTOR with the kids
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Josquius

Despite its flaws, some of which actually help it, I'm quite enjoying assassin's Creed 4. It truly does play like an updated Pirates! With a bit of assassin's Creed tacked on
██████
██████
██████

PRC

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2016, 07:14:32 AM
I got Stardew Valley, not sure I find the game fun. Not a fan on how fast energy depletes & I have to stop doing whatever to go to bed at 10am.

I've been playing this as well.  I'm finding it a lot of fun so far.  Re: energy, start keeping some of your vegetables to eat, crafting snacks, foraging for snowberries, etc. 

Scipio

Goddamn stupid XCOM 2 crash. Completed a raid on an avatar project site and it crashes right before the debrief load screen stops.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Pedrito

Quote from: Lndhand on March 10, 2016, 03:03:47 PM
What's up gents?  Long time.  I am playing World of Tanks still...anyone else out there want to toon?
Hey Lndhand,

it's good to see your avatar you again!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Drakken

Quote from: celedhring on March 14, 2016, 05:38:52 PM
I haven't played Tropico 5, but all other Tropico games were just marginal improvements over the previous one.

I bought Tropico 4 to compare. I must admit that the content seems more varied in T4, and so far I like the campaign.

Josquius

Is it just me or are eu3 and 4 missing something that eu2 had?
They just never grabbed me the same way. Not so much....character.

As is my way having visited constantinople I now want to play a byzantine game of something.
Ck2 is too easy but eu....meh. hmm
██████
██████
██████

Scipio

AssCreedUnity. Actually really good, so far. Love the story. Of course, I'm a sucker for hating the French Revolution. Vive le Roi!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Playing through Starcraft 2.  This shit was far more compelling when I was 16.  The game play is okay, but listening to mouthless aliens jabber on about silly bullshit is bit tiring.  One of them is voiced by John de Lancie so that's good.  Listening to John de Lancie read anything is entertaining.  The rest if is like if the aliens from Close Encounters or the X-files showed up and tried to make a Lord of the Rings movie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

schaksen

Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: schaksen on April 01, 2016, 03:44:46 PM
CS:GO  :blush:

Even worse:  I've been firing up Empire Total War a lot lately. 

I lost the Rev. War against the Brits, but the French sold me an island in the Caribbean just before my army of militia finally got smashed (George Washington died heroically), so I invaded South America, kicked all sorts of Spanish ass, and have worked my way around to Mexico City by 1800 with a badass stack of professionals.  All loyalists will fucking hang.

Razgovory

I ended up with the Americans besieging Berlin.  Guide to Naval warfare.  Buy rocket ships.  Pretty much win every naval battle.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadBurgerMaker

I tend to autoresolve the naval battles.  Do the rocket ships work that way too, or do I have to actually try to move them around in a battle?

Razgovory

You just line them up across the map and they blow up pretty much any enemy.  Because they are light ships the AI almost always considers you the weaker force and they just charge you.  You can wipe out entire navies.