News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy

Just abandoned the plan to wait for steam summer sale to buy American Truck Simulator. Love it as much as Ets2. Based myself in Reno. Boy those trucks are damn beasts. Very big turning circle. I got stuck on some crossroads already taking my corners too short. In'Murica everything apparently is bigger.  :blush:

Syt

Yup. :D I'm especially struggling with the Kenworth 900. That thing's massive.

ETS2 will get another expansion, this time for France. Which is a bit annoying, because it will make parts of the Truck Sim Map obsolete, so I'd have to wait for an update for that as well if I want to keep using it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

The reviews weren't all that, but it's worth getting anyway, I presume?

I can so see myself driving a truck and bitching about Obamacare.

Grey Fox

There's a ATS demo, try it.

I'm holding fast on waiting for a sale.

I got Stardew Valley, not sure I find the game fun. Not a fan on how fast energy depletes & I have to stop doing whatever to go to bed at 10am.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

ATS has a notably smaller map than ETS2. However, the map feels - at least to me - much more diverse than the generic Central European theme of ETS2.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Driving in Norway, which should be different, felt like driving near Prague with some more mountains.

They got the narrow roads down to pat, though. Oslo to Bergen is among the most scenic drives in Europe, but didn't feel like it.

Archy

I would say the same as Syt. The map is much more diverse.
I liked the Scandinavian expansion just because it was already more diverse than the original one.
No Dumbocrat is gonna take mah Freedom!  :mad:

Lndhand

What's up gents?  Long time.  I am playing World of Tanks still...anyone else out there want to toon?
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Norgy on March 03, 2016, 06:35:30 AM
The reviews weren't all that, but it's worth getting anyway, I presume?

I can so see myself driving a truck and bitching about Obamacare.

Perhaps this more your type of truck-driving song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7gvp1hYNi4

Norgy

I've been playing The Witcher 3 a lot and Cities:Skylines lately. :unsure:

Razgovory

So has anyone tried the Division?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Still have fun with World of Warships, and I picked up Mechwarrior Online again as well. That game has come a long way...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

11B4V

Been rolling back into FO4 gearing up for the Automatron DLC.

Really been digging the armor crafting. Shadowed and Deep pocket mod FTW. The Ballistic Fiber Mod is sweet also. Nothing like Dirty army fatigues Mk4 Ballistic Weave that's give 90 dam/eng protection as a under garment then add your other armor. My character has 165 ballistic/ 176 energy resistance with the Fatigues as an under garment and a smattering of Synth/Combat Armor pieces. Of which most are deep pocketed.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Drakken

Started delving into the Tropico franchise, starting with Tropico 5.

Rolled my Presidente as I picture it : A Latino-American black Cuban mulatto with an outdated, brown yellow-green-and-red General uniform and a MacArthur bamboo pipe stuck between his lips.

Used the Revolutionaries for my purposes, while maintaining a shamelessly sycophantic front to the Crown until I grew strong enough to go on account. Refused to pay a damn cent to the Imperialists devils when I declared independence, and destroyed their Royal Infantry units and their puny attempt to overthrow me. Now I rule like how all good dictators should rule : together with the Militarists and the Religious factions, my iron boot crushing both Commies and Capitalists alike, leeching off the Axis' subsidies in exchange of my precious commodities : Gold, Coal, and Tobacco. I arrest Rich "outlaws" for arrest and deportation, seizing their property for profit, while my Security Checkpoints force lorry drivers to stop and pay a tax per driving wheel to help fund my back account donations for the poor. And I still win my elections without stuffing the ballots. :menace:

I'm having so much fun, even though I know Tropico 5 is less stellar than Tropico 4. Should I still get the latter?