News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Thats good because I do think that Dota 2 is too complicated.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

I've been playing League of Legends lately, thanks to friends.

I also started playing The Fall this afternoon.  So far, it seems fun.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

On my second play through of the Quest for Heaven. Still using FWE with it, started at a faster level pacing this time through and started at level 12 instead of 5 like the first time through. Currently 24th level at the train tunnel part in episode 3. While a little easier than the last time when I was 14th level (IIRC) at the same point in the mod on the first run through. I could never get through all of the third part of the series, because it was unfinished. However the re-release of 1-3 has been smooth so far. Still epic.

[spoiler]once I get the K-66 it is game on for my style of play. Just a lovely weapon. Grumbler probably remembers it.[/spoiler]

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on April 10, 2015, 01:57:12 AM
On my second play through of the Quest for Heaven. Still using FWE with it, started at a faster level pacing this time through and started at level 12 instead of 5 like the first time through. Currently 24th level at the train tunnel part in episode 3. While a little easier than the last time when I was 14th level (IIRC) at the same point in the mod on the first run through. I could never get through all of the third part of the series, because it was unfinished. However the re-release of 1-3 has been smooth so far. Still epic.

[spoiler]once I get the K-66 it is game on for my style of play. Just a lovely weapon. Grumbler probably remembers it.[/spoiler]

I recently re-started the QFH series as well (I tried to play the "update" to Mothership Zeta crew, but it is so awful, particularly compared to MZC, that I had to stop before it ruined my memories of MZC). 

The music for QFH remains the best soundtrack to a game mod ever, and I still get chills when some of the visuals first appear. 

And the armor works correctly now!  No more running through all your stimpacks in a couple of minutes.  I do need to find an armor replacer, though, because I hate the whole power armor look.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

BTW, I am playing the 7.6 version of Reluctant Admiral for WitP: AE, and thinking about doing an AAR.  I actually have been alternating between two playthorughs:  one as allies, one as Japanese (because the Japanese one is almost too much effort to play, so I switch every few turns to play some Allied side in a different game).

The biggest deterrent to doing an AAR is explaining all the differences the mod introduces.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2015, 09:55:51 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 10, 2015, 01:57:12 AM

I recently re-started the QFH series as well (I tried to play the "update" to Mothership Zeta crew, but it is so awful, particularly compared to MZC, that I had to stop before it ruined my memories of MZC). 

The music for QFH remains the best soundtrack to a game mod ever, and I still get chills when some of the visuals first appear. 

And the armor works correctly now!  No more running through all your stimpacks in a couple of minutes.  I do need to find an armor replacer, though, because I hate the whole power armor look.
I started playing through the Alton mod after I couldn't finnish aqfh 3 in the first go around. Alton, while big, is still just Fallout. AQFH, IMO reimages the whole game. It feels different in a better way.

x2 on the Soundtrack and Armor. I can actually breath underwater now.  :P The Stimpack usage was ridiculous before the fix.

[spoiler]only issue I had so far with AQFH 3 is the DX 1 card in the under Pentagon. Could not find it anywhere. I had to do a player.additem to continue.[/spoiler]
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on April 10, 2015, 07:46:46 PM
Grumbler, are you following any of the New Vegas Frontiers mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN-yA5pclqU#t=1289

I've read a few things, but try to avoid getting excited about WIP mods, because they so often prove to be vaporware. 

Bayraktar!

sbr

I have been playing a lot of Blood Bowl (Cyanide PC version) lately.  I got back into it with a league over on Paradox and am now also playing in 2 leagues over on bloodbowltactics.  I am playing 2 Necro teams, which I really like, and my newest most recent team is my first love, a Skaven squad that just won a ridiculous game against a rookie Vampire team.

I try to avoid the public matchmaking leagues, but venture in occasionally.  I also play quite a bit of SP even though it is terrible.

Scipio

Witcher 3. Working quite nicely on my aging PC.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Finished The Wolf Among Us.

Loved it; very good Noir style story and an intriguing mystery.

Warning for the uninitiated: it' very story focused, with many dialogues and cutscenes. It's more of a choose your own adventure style game than a traditional point and click. Also: quick time events.

Nevertheless, enjoyed it very much. I also don't recall a game that had such prolific use of cigarettes. (Well, it's set in the 80s ... ) :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2015, 01:48:05 PM
Finished The Wolf Among Us.

Loved it; very good Noir style story and an intriguing mystery.

Warning for the uninitiated: it' very story focused, with many dialogues and cutscenes. It's more of a choose your own adventure style game than a traditional point and click. Also: quick time events.

Nevertheless, enjoyed it very much. I also don't recall a game that had such prolific use of cigarettes. (Well, it's set in the 80s ... ) :D

Apparently, somebody hasn't played Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, or 3... :D
Experience bij!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Got Warband off the steam sales, and I'm sinking an unreasonable amount of hours in it. I see there's also a deluge of mods. Any recommendations? The GoT mods look tasty, if they are well done.

Syt

I think Bryttenvalda (or something like that) gets good reviews. There's also the Europe 1257 mod, but IIRC it requires you to pick a faction and stick with it (but there's plenty of them).

There was a Wild West mod which looked good, but I'm not sure if it was ever finished. There's also a Warhammer mod somewhere.
—Stephen Jay Gould