And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hansmeister

I'm playing an X-COM EW mod called The Long War. Absolutely awesome.  It has more of everything and makes the game a lot more challenging.

Iormlund

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check that one out.

garbon

I just read the following review of it. After reading the review, I think this one sentence from the start sums up reviewer's impression best. :D

QuoteIf you played either version of XCOM and thought to yourself, "Man, but if only this was nerdier." Then the "Long War" mod is for you.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/27/5750392/xcom-enemy-unknown-enemy-within-long-war-mod
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Origin has a Freeweekend for Titanfall PC.

Be ready, it.s a 50.54gb download.

I've started it but I don't think I'll get to play it :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 12:50:38 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 28, 2014, 07:20:23 PM
Playing through Red Dead Redemption again after four years. It really is Rockstar's best game. :wub:

Did you ever DL the zombie expansion?  That totally rocks:)

That's next on my list of things to buy once I finish this playthrough.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Bought and played all the way through "Lifeless planet".  Wasn't bad.  Felt like there was more potential, but then, only one guy made it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

Blackguards. It's interesting. Difficulty curve is all over the map.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

FunkMonk

I've caught the Path of Exile bug.  :blush: It's all I'm playing other than Mario Kart 8 when friends are over.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on June 22, 2014, 08:01:39 AM
Blackguards. It's interesting. Difficulty curve is all over the map.

I'm holding out on it, hoping it will be a daily special during the summer sale. I like the world of The Dark Eye, and they seem to have replicated the combat system of the p&p RPG very well.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Bought Outlast and played a few mins. Apprarently there will be sex in it! :w00t:

I presume insane sex.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Started Tomb Raider. Lara is hot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PRC

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 20, 2014, 03:52:51 PM
I'm playing an X-COM EW mod called The Long War. Absolutely awesome.  It has more of everything and makes the game a lot more challenging.

I want to play this, it sounds awesome.  The only way I can see to download it is through nexusmods though, and I don't want to pay for an account there.  Is that how you downloaded it?  Know of any way around that?

Hansmeister

Quote from: PRC on June 23, 2014, 04:53:56 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on June 20, 2014, 03:52:51 PM

I want to play this, it sounds awesome.  The only way I can see to download it is through nexusmods though, and I don't want to pay for an account there.  Is that how you downloaded it?  Know of any way around that?

I got it off nexus, but I don't remember ever paying for it.

I love how challenging it is. There are some missions where you realize you just have to run or risk TPK.