News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

[spoiler]How does the game end up if Rook dies, then? With them sending Rook's pyre down the river instead?[/spoiler]
and the horse you rode in on

Queequeg

[spoiler]Yes.  It's pretty moving, actually.  Aelette is there with Iver.  It's a great ending.[/spoiler]
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Grey Fox

Well this is annoying my Anno 1701 gamersgate cd-key are deemed invalid by the installer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

I seem to have lost the save game data for my Batman Arkham City game 22+ hours in.

fhdz

Playing a bunch of indie stuff lately. The main parts of the mix are Nuclear Throne, Nidhogg, and Samurai Gunn.

Zanza

DOTA 2 - it's fast, action-only, fairly well balanced

FunkMonk

Been playing Loadout, a F2P game on Steam. It's actually a really good arena-type shooter in the vein of Quake or Unreal Tournament.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Zanza on February 03, 2014, 12:23:21 PM

Yep been playing this game way too long....

About to hit 2000 games.   :blush:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Scipio

Act 2 of The Wolf Among Us.

Some clarity, more confusion. Got darker quick, yo.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Iormlund

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 04, 2014, 09:20:49 PM
Quote from: Zanza on February 03, 2014, 12:23:21 PM

Yep been playing this game way too long....

About to hit 2000 games.   :blush:

I've played about 200 games. I suck, but most of my mates suck even more, some incredibly so.

I pretty much exclusively play supports. I kind of gravitated towards the role because all my friends are terrible at it -- they won't ward, ever, and spend their money in Aghs for Lina or Lion instead of Mek, Force ...

I mostly use Kotl (for the annoying lane phase and one-man counter-push) and Tree (100% win rate after Living Armor nerf!) but also some Lich, Dark Seer and Veno (not very successfully).
Lately I pick Bane for the awesome disables, though it's pretty high skill cap.
From time to time I'll pick Ogre Magi for shits and giggles.
Been thinking of trying support Doom (armor creep, Mek, Pipe, Shiva's, Drums, maybe Necro), since he can both get items and shut down pretty much any annoying hero (say Slark, Weaver, fed carry ...).

I like watching pro games as well, maybe even more than playing.

Tamas

NEO Scavenger.

Not for fahdiz. Post-apocalyptic survival game in early beta. You set out with scantly any clothes after climbing out of some sort of hibernation tank or something, and in my experience the best option is to find an under-armed fellow scavenger and bash their head in for their clothes, otherwise you are likely to freeze to death during the night, as there ain`t not much chance of finding clothes via scavenging.

And the injury model seems rather realistic, so bludgeoning somebody until you can loot them is a gruesome affair, especially if you don`t have an advantage over him.

My most successful try so far seen me kill an unarmed guy with a treebranch for his clothes. Later on I found a nice coat made of fur and thought I was well established until:
a) I forgot my sleeping bag in the forest hut I spent a night in, saw a bloke going in, realized he had probably taken it (yep) but I could not catch him and he disappeared out of my sight on the world map. Welcome back, night-time shivering!

b) I only had one water purification tablet, had been drinking water from a river. Diarrhea was kept in control via antibiotics (well, at least I tried), but I got weak from it, and a tough dude armed with a stone defeated me (I had a frying pan as weapon!), beat me unconscious, looted everything off me and left me for a wright-ish monster to finish me off.

Grey Fox

I tried Project Zomboid.

I'm interested by all these survival games but not their multiplayer aspects & I already played Don't Starve.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

fhdz

Quote from: Tamas on February 06, 2014, 05:00:25 AM
NEO Scavenger.

Not for fahdiz. Post-apocalyptic survival game in early beta. You set out with scantly any clothes after climbing out of some sort of hibernation tank or something, and in my experience the best option is to find an under-armed fellow scavenger and bash their head in for their clothes, otherwise you are likely to freeze to death during the night, as there ain`t not much chance of finding clothes via scavenging.

So...it's basically Rust, then.

Syt

Quote from: fhdz on February 07, 2014, 09:56:12 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 06, 2014, 05:00:25 AM
NEO Scavenger.

So...it's basically Rust, then.

No, it's single player turn based with hex map.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.